Martin Brodeur vs Dominik Hasek, who would you draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you draft for a whole career?

• Martin Brodeur

Votes: 68 19.2%
  • Dominik Hasek

Votes: 287 80.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I’d go Brodeur. Played longer and played more games per season and plays a game more suited to modern hockey that doesn’t rely on pure athleticism.

Reactions: xigon

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Brodeur
If I'm running a team I like the more conventionally great goalie with more longevity who is great right away, and that puck moving ability has a measurable impact on the transitions.

I wonder if a goalie like Hasek would always take a long time to get great. Basically the drafting team was always going to struggle with him because of the unconventional style

But I do like Hasek more, as a fan

Last edited:

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Brodeur even though I like Hasek way more. It's just not possible for me to ignore Hasek's injuries, and Brodeur's dependability.

Curious if something similar like Orr vs Bourque would have a similar result.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Brodeur
If I'm running a team I like the more conventionally great goalie with more longevity who is great right away, and that puck moving ability has a measurable impact on the transitions.

I wonder if a goalie like Hasek would always take a long time to get great. Basically the drafting team was always going to struggle with him because of the unconventional style

But I do like Hasek more, as a fan
So you would take Marleau over Lemieux and Larry Murphy over Orr.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Tough call for me but the long term stability at a high level of play that Brodeur gives you is a pretty solid choice for whole career.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hasek easily.

No....
Brodeur is one of the best goalies of all time, who holds multiple records. Marleau and Murphy are not the skater equivalents
Longevity-related records, or peak-related records?

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
I’d go Brodeur. Played longer and played more games per season and plays a game more suited to modern hockey that doesn’t rely on pure athleticism.

Hasek's style was pure mathematics (specifically vertical angles). The athleticism was a bonus, but if you think that he wasn't a master of the game tactically, you're wrong.

There's a cone that the puck has to travel through to enter the net. There's a second cone that a shooter's eyes see as the open net. Hasek was a master in knowing exactly what the puck "saw" and what the shooter saw, and was able to maximize his response to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad