Player Discussion Marner

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
If I was Marner and Dubas offered me 10.9 million I would have turned it down and said wtf are you doing? Why are you offering me that much I’m not worth it. Give me 9 million and il be happy to make that much and play for my hometown team and there will actually be some money left over for us to have some depth.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Unless he can become a different player these should be the last 81 games of Mitch Marner in a TML sweater

Nylander and Matthews unfortunately were kept

Wish we had stsrted rebuilding in summer of 2023 when dubas f***ed off. Instesd we will have this medicore core for the next 4 years frustrsting and giving 1st round failures.

So much potential from 16, 88, and 34 back in 2017

Looks completely wasted now

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I don't understand how this guy doesn't understand that simplifying his game when the team is struggling will help more than whatever it is he thinks he is doing.

I mean, at this point I guess he never will.

I also wish when the team is struggling he would take charge and settle things down, but he usually makes things worse. Amazing what $12 mil gets you these days.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
the narrative was that Marner would come out flying like Nylander last year and make it impossible to not want to re-sign him

unfortunately for mitch the reality is he starts slow every single year, even going back to junior. His summer routine must be awful because it's every year with this guy. He picks it up around December.

Reactions: LeafSteel

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I think I would move him to PP2. He is a problem with the power play as essentially he is just a cycle guy that will look to set someone up. No real threat to score really and it makes him predictable on the pp. It was the same problem with Rielly no shot or threat to score. Mitch is capable of scoring if he gets in close but he is rarely there.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
If I was Marner and Dubas offered me 10.9 million I would have turned it down and said wtf are you doing? Why are you offering me that much I’m not worth it. Give me 9 million and il be happy to make that much and play for my hometown team and there will actually be some money left over for us to have some depth.

Would this be before or after you declined several other contract offers and held out into training camp?

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
the narrative was that Marner would come out flying like Nylander last year and make it impossible to not want to re-sign him

unfortunately for mitch the reality is he starts slow every single year, even going back to junior. His summer routine must be awful because it's every year with this guy. He picks it up around December.

It was reported that this summer he worked hard :DD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad