Player Discussion Marner

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
On a real team. By real team, I mean a team that actually has the goal of winning a Stanley Cup.

If Rantanen walks I could 100% see Colorado taking whatever money allocated for him and offering to Marner. Might be cheaper for them to go to Marner. It’s identical pending UFA situations. Rantanen could stay but he could leave, I’m sure he feels like he is worth just as much as Nathan MacKinnon

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
If Rantanen walks I could 100% see Colorado taking whatever money allocated for him and offering to Marner. Might be cheaper for them to go to Marner. It’s identical pending UFA situations. Rantanen could stay but he could leave, I’m sure he feels like he is worth just as much as Nathan MacKinnon
Rantanen might just be. But for any team with Cup aspirations, Marner is not. He's NOT a $10 million dollar player.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Rantanen might just be. But for any team with Cup aspirations, Marner is not. He's NOT a $10 million dollar player.

On a we want to win buy in team. 8-9m. On a we need him to win team like 10m-11m. On the Leafs he probably think 13-14m. At which point Marner should be fired out of. A clown Canon shot from coast to coast.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
This has always been my criticism of Marner, he just moves around in open ice, lifting an opponents stick is as close as he wants to get to a dirty area of the ice. I'm sure this is exactly what Berube was getting at: the difference between competing hard and working hard. Marner works hard, but his compete level is almost nonexistent.

Watch the Bruins series and he looks like he's in a shinny game.
When I watch Marner I’m starting to see a lot of extra movement(wasted) like he’s figure skating. He puts in a lot of extra wasted effort. Hes got a bad habit on the PK when it’s time to change he moves to the far side away from the benches and stays out that little bit longer.

I think the most glaring thing was the McAvoy play in the playoffs. That sums up Mitch in the playoffs. Not willing to go the extra mile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad