Player Discussion Marner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
it is unfair to him. The team drafted him, and by his body type and natural anxiety, it's unfair to see him as playoff performer. Berube can't expect physical play from him either. He doesn't have the body and toughness for that. I think Marner is VERY consistent about what he is, other than his lack of PK effort alot of nights.
So are you saying that he can’t get the job done and if so then I would add he shouldn’t be asking for the moon when all he has to offer is regular season razzle dazzle

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Any link to these transcripts? I don’t have tweeter. Be nice to read what actually happened. Or maybe some one can do short breakdown of what was said.

The rumor is there was a set play Nyander was supposed to execute off the faceoff, he didn't do it, Matty called him out, Willie blew up and Marner took a tantrum.

So are you saying that he can’t get the job done and if so then I would add he shouldn’t be asking for the moon when all he has to offer is regular season razzle dazzle

Datsun 240?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So change his attitude, play a hard nosed game until he gets big money, handcuffs the team and then reverts back to being the exciting EA Sports player for 80 games plus a couple in the playoffs? Even better if he can lock in a No-Move clause.

Sounds like the perfect signing for the Leafs and consistent with their brand.

The question famously asked by former owner Stavros I believe when talking about interest in bringing Gretzky to Toronto, "and how many seats is he gonna fill"?

In the case of assessing Marners value, t would be an apt attitude. He would do great on a team that needs to fill seats. Leafs need to rid their brand reputation and rid their fans the burden of being perpetual losers.
If you're suggesting Marner can play a hard nosed game, and just hasn't been doing so because it hasn't been a contract year, I can't agree. I think he wants to win as much as anyone, maybe even more than anyone else on the team and has always been giving 100%. If he does play a hard nosed game in the next playoffs (unlikely as that may be), it'll be because he by some miracle figured out how to do so.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
That's ridiculous.

I didnt start the thread. :sarcasm:
I like MM.
but I like Lord Stanley more.

MM = Cap casualty.

Q: Can't we keep him and hoist the cup ?
A: Stop it, we need change. Easily 15AAV of change, minimum.

Leafs wont offer enough anyway. He's leaving.

They could afford his $18.5 mil/yr for a joke, Cap is rumored to be going up to 92.5 mil and should be at $100 mil in the next 5 years. Take away JT's 11 mil and add the 4 mil cap growth, we are at 15 mil in extra cap year over year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad