Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Pretty sure the leafs arent too worried about a few vocal malcontents denting their business. Hard to imagine people actually believe that the leafs would be boycotted. It costs fans 20% more to attend a game than a hab fan and this team still sells out. There isnt any slippery slope.
Therein lies the problem, there’s no incentive to improve the team when most Leaf fans are more than happy with a sub par product, MLSE is laughing at the fan base all while taking the season ticket holders money and selling jerseys of wannabe cup contenders. They know a mark when they see one……….

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1718644627176.png

Darren Cancer: Dreger and Ferris.

screw them both.

Therein lies the problem, there’s no incentive to improve the team when most Leaf fans are more than with a sub par product, MLSE is laughing at the fan base all while taking the season ticket holders money and selling jerseys of wannabe cup contenders. They know a mark when they see one……….
Blue and White disease.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Therein lies the problem, there’s no incentive to improve the team when most Leaf fans are more than with a sub par product, MLSE is laughing at the fan base all while taking the season ticket holders money and selling jerseys of wannabe cup contenders. They know a mark when they see one……….
I dont think they are not trying. They will just try as they see fit. You can argue incompetance if you like because fair is fair. If the team is revenue sharing playoffs tv revenue, there is little incentive to fix anything

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I say a much there is a much larger percentage he plays out the year and then chooses his team.
I would think there are very few teams, if any, dying to pay Mitch like a franchise centerman. My guess would be zero, maybe Dubas but he's out of money. The better play on the Leafs behalf might be selling him as a 1 year rental with what I think I've read is little money still due after July 1. Of course, Mitch can block this if he chooses.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
It will.
He has a dog, $$$ and a beautiful wife.

He will get paid alot less and he will chose his employer after he's off stress leave.

He's as dumb as rocks if he thinks returning to the Leafs is a good plan.

dumb. as. rocks.

He won't be returning btw.

Both he and the team will sacrifice to get something done.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
View attachment 883608
Darren Cancer: Dreger and Ferris.

screw them both.

Blue and White disease.
I wish we had taken the 4 1st round picks back in the day to rather than encourage Marner.

Now I guess we will have to pay him 13 million because the media caused shambles in his brain.

It’s getting harder to follow this team yearly.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
I wish we had taken the 4 1st round picks back in the day to rather than encourage Marner.
Offer sheets were a myth.

Now I guess we will have to pay him 13 million
ABM
Anything but Marner.

it is. it really is. real hockey is kinda dead. sports are just some corporate play tool. The Saudis prove that with their dirty money.

I play more sports now. watching it seems less about hockey now for some reason.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

Now I guess we will have to pay him 13 million because the media caused shambles in his brain.

Mitchy at $11m didn't work but I'm sure he'll play like a man if we give him $13m.

lolol.gif

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Get this drama out of here Tre/Shanny. I have zero faith in you Shanny and a lot of us are ready to mount your head on a spike, but if you make this tough (lol) decision and get this manchild and his associated drama away from the team, a large portion of the fan base would stop calling for your immediate removal.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Dreger didn’t like O Dogs reply, Ferris probably will without his shill fee………
And that’s why Dreger said I think Tre wants to extend him this morning.

Damage control, lol.

Or he is not getting paid from MM’s camp, lol.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
O-Dog is every Leafs fan right now (minus Marner, Dubas, homers)
He said what we’ve said over and over:

Mitch has to go because change is needed.

The core doesn’t work

And that’s why Dreger said I think Tre wants to extend him this morning.

Damage control, lol.

Dreger is a Marner shill for sure

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Tre has to be clear to Marner:

Drive your own line (the third) in a show me year. Drive PP2.

Mitch: you will not be on PP1. Drive your own line.

If he’s willing to try to succeed with that … fine.

But he won’t be.

• Love
Reactions: PromisedLand

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Therein lies the problem, there’s no incentive to improve the team when most Leaf fans are more than happy with a sub par product, MLSE is laughing at the fan base all while taking the season ticket holders money and selling jerseys of wannabe cup contenders. They know a mark when they see one……….
always have been ,unless pelley has the pat burns ,pat quinn cliff fletcher passion .it ll never return
looks like they are running it back lol
pelley is just a pidgeon

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
always have been ,unless pelley has the pat burns ,pat quinn cliff fletcher passion .it ll never return
looks like they are running it back lol
pelley is just a pidgeon

pelley claimed on record (its on video) "we are not here to sell jerseys. We are here to win"

Lets see if he meant it or was he just BSing

Furthermore,

Treliving: "Skills are important, but you have to be willing to do unsexy things out there"

Shanahan: "You have to win puck battles and go to the hard areas. Time for patience is over"

If doesn't mean "Good-Bye" Marner then I don't know what does.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
pelley claimed on record (its on video) "we are not here to sell jerseys. We are here to win"

Lets see if he meant it or was he just BSing

Furthermore,

Treliving: "Skills are important, but you have to be willing to do unsexy things out there"

Shanahan: "You have to win puck battles and go to the hard areas. Time for patience is over"

If doesn't mean "Good-Bye" Marner then I don't know what does.
This all could have been lip service to turn down the burner of Leafs nation.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00