Votes: 26 54.2%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I can't imagine any use for Dermott but a healthy Blais or Lorentz would be okay depth. Kubalik really fell off a cliff last season so ehhh nah.

TMI...
Sens fan here, coming in peace. Regarding Kubalik, I read somewhere that he simply checked out last year out of frustration. He does have a great shot but didn't get a lot of PP time or playmakers as linemates. I think his attitude and work ethic had a lot do with it. Also heard there were issues in the locker room due to his attitude. Now that no one has signed him, he'll either adjust his attitude or go play overseas.

Reactions: DragoGrizzly

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Sens fan here, coming in peace. Regarding Kubalik, I read somewhere that he simply checked out last year out of frustration. He does have a great shot but didn't get a lot of PP time or playmakers as linemates. I think his attitude and work ethic had a lot do with it. Also heard there were issues in the locker room due to his attitude. Now that no one has signed him, he'll either adjust his attitude or go play overseas.
Thanks.

I don't get there fans wanting to bring in players on the decline with smoke around their work ethic and attitude.

To return the favour. Gregor will be fine for you. Nothing more. Seems like a good guy and for a whil you might be tempted to think there might be something more there. There isn't. Fast, but no hands and I would guess not a great hockey IQ. He will be fine for you as a 12 or 13 F.

leaffann

Jun 23, 2024
Marner to Winnipeg for McGroarty & Ehlers

Leafs save a little more than 5 million from the transaction.

Jarncrock & Kampf traded another 4.5 million saved

Leafs would have the cap space, prospects, player ie Robertson & or picks to upgrade the roster.

Ehlers Matthews Knies
A. Nylander Domi W. Nylander
Robertson Tavares Cowan
McMann Holmberg McGroarty

Reaves, Dewar

Reilly Tanev
OEL McCabe
Benoit Liljegren
Timmins

Woll Stolarz

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
It's all in what you make of it. Sure non of it matters if we lose in round 1 again, but I had fun watching Matthews chase 70 for example. New coach this year, some younger guys who should take a step, and for once a defense that doesn't suck.

I am sure I will find things to get excited about
I personally found the last 20-25 games of the season very boring, since we were basically a lock for playoffs and pretty much guaranteed to play Boston or Tampa with an outside chance of Florida. I really hate this Divisional system for playoffs.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Can anyone tell me how much cap space we have to sign Nicky Bobby? I'm looking at Puck Pedia and I'm too tired to understand

Can I assume we have 1.5M or just so, that's promised to Hakanpaa, and if that contract is blown up well have that space to pay Nicky but in any scenario we can't afford both?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Can anyone tell me how much cap space we have to sign Nicky Bobby? I'm looking at Puck Pedia and I'm too tired to understand

Can I assume we have 1.5M or just so, that's promised to Hakanpaa, and if that contract is blown up well have that space to pay Nicky but in any scenario we can't afford both?

We have about 875k of cap space with a 21 player roster at this time to sign Robertson with Hakanpaa in the mix. This is with Timmins waived as well. If Hakanpaa starts on LTIR or maybe the deal fell through, then obviously you add 1.5M to the 875k.

Last edited:

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Why is everyone so horny to pencil in Alex nylander into our top 6. He is an ahl calibre player.

My god this fan base is something else.
Some dough head gets waived and our fan base
Is like we should claim him . He would look good in our top six.,
No wonder we lose every year
Problem solved guys, if we just stop fans from penciling in players we can start winning again!

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Who would everyone rank as our second best defencemen during this Matthews/Marner/Nylander era.

Rielly is obvious at #1 but who's been the next best player after him?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I personally found the last 20-25 games of the season very boring, since we were basically a lock for playoffs and pretty much guaranteed to play Boston or Tampa with an outside chance of Florida. I really hate this Divisional system for playoffs.

Agree, that is why I am hoping we win the division this year and think it should be a goal of training camp. We should win the cup, and to do that we should win the division, and to to that we gotta bring it every day.

Then the end of the season is a bit more exciting as who we could be facing would change almost daily + the chase for the presidents trophy.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Why is everyone so horny to pencil in Alex nylander into our top 6. He is an ahl calibre player.

Our LW side is pretty trash so, blame the GM, not the fans, they didn't build the team.

Reactions: supermann_98

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Who would everyone rank as our second best defencemen during this Matthews/Marner/Nylander era.

Brodie when he got here, not close imo. His first few seasons here he was fantastic.

Muzz could have potentially made an argument but I dont think his best here were as good as Brodie's.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021

Our top 6 is built to help wingers with skill get paid. The potential for a Nylander breakout exists. It's not rocket science.

Why is everyone so horny to act miserable and angry

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Our top 6 is built to help wingers with skill get paid. The potential for a Nylander breakout exists. It's not rocket science.

Why is everyone so horny to act miserable and angry
I kind of think you are both right. Yes, we can make skilled wingers look good and succeed.

...but let's do it with Robertson first and stop lamenting that we lost Kuznetsov (not you). The only thing that makes Nylander even slightly special and above a bust is his last name the hope that his brother can help him unlock something be has never been able to in any sustainable way.

Let him come to camp and then hit the Marlies and see where he is 30 or 40 games in while we see what Robbie is doing in the NHL.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Imo Muzzin at his peak with the Leafs was almost as impactful as Reilly (and more so regarding the defensive side of things).

So him quite easily, and then would come Brodie (at least for most of his time with the team)

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Thanks.

I don't get there fans wanting to bring in players on the decline with smoke around their work ethic and attitude.

To return the favour. Gregor will be fine for you. Nothing more. Seems like a good guy and for a whil you might be tempted to think there might be something more there. There isn't. Fast, but no hands and I would guess not a great hockey IQ. He will be fine for you as a 12 or 13 F.
I think they want him on the 4th line and PK where his speed with come in handy. Hopefully he has enough IQ to be effective on the PK.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I think they want him on the 4th line and PK where his speed with come in handy. Hopefully he has enough IQ to be effective on the PK.
Exactly. That's why I wasn't bashing the singing. I liked Gregor too, I am glad he got an NHL job.

He teases and makes you think there could be more though. Maybe Ottawa is where he makes it happen. I would have been OK keeping him, but I think Dewar took that roster spot and we need some room for kids the breakthrough also.

Reactions: LiseL

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Exactly. That's why I wasn't bashing the singing. I liked Gregor too, I am glad he got an NHL job.

He teases and makes you think there could be more though. Maybe Ottawa is where he makes it happen. I would have been OK keeping him, but I think Dewar took that roster spot and we need some room for kids the breakthrough also.
Think we agree on the player but I see it as more hysterical than a tease.

Gregor might be one of the fastest players in the league and he can carry the puck. He blazes up and down the ice at blistering speeds but nothing effectual ever comes of it. The game just sort of continues once he's done speedskating.

It's pretty entertaining on the 4th line.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Think we agree on the player but I see it as more hysterical than a tease.

Gregor might be one of the fastest players in the league and he can carry the puck. He blazes up and down the ice at blistering speeds but nothing effectual ever comes of it. The game just sort of continues once he's done speedskating.

It's pretty entertaining on the 4th line.
Yeah. That's it. Seems more suited for ice time on San Jose or Ottawa and not Toronto

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Imo Muzzin at his peak with the Leafs was almost as impactful as Reilly (and more so regarding the defensive side of things).

So him quite easily, and then would come Brodie (at least for most of his time with the team)
I definitely think Muzzin as well and I hated the trade when we first made it. He stepped up offensively when the games got harder and he made guys like Tkachuk get distracted and absolutely lose their minds at times.

Early Brodie was grest too but Muzzin was such a difference maker when healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00