• Both teams say no

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • Deal

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
clarke would have to be makar to make this worth it, you're trading mitch marner for one of the worst contracts in the league lol. I'm sure Berube would love Dubois. "We need an attitude change around here, bring in PLD" no, absolutely not

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Dubois will be the Kings 65 pt 2C if he bounces back being overpaid 1M

Or he will be there 45 pt 3C being overpaid 4M

He is not being dealt.

Retires a king due to bouncing back or is bought out if he sucks again next year. Unmovable asset

Reactions: Kingsfan1

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Los Angeles Kings: Marner, Robertson, Niemela

Toronto Maple Leafs: Dubois, Moore, Clarke
Dubois is a horrible salary dump, Leafs gave up Moore on waivers (decent 3rd/4th liner), and a 'good' RHD prospect
for Marner, an undersized sniper who should easily get 20 goals if in the lineup regularly, and a good project offence RHD (had a nice rookie AHL season)

Leafs laugh this one away.
for anyone to take Dubois, you need to add a heck of a lot.
i.e. Clarke would be the add on just to take the horrible Dubois contract off your hands.
so, put that into your evaluation of the players.

Toronto is out of Marners contract at the end of the year. Why would they trade him for another crap long contract ?
Leafs are more likely than not, re-signing Marner ...the trade noise is only coming from the bitter fanbase and reporters.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Dubois is a horrible salary dump, Leafs gave up Moore on waivers (decent 3rd/4th liner), and a 'good' RHD prospect
for Marner, an undersized sniper who should easily get 20 goals if in the lineup regularly, and a good project offence RHD (had a nice rookie AHL season)

Leafs laugh this one away.
for anyone to take Dubois, you need to add a heck of a lot.
i.e. Clarke would be the add on just to take the horrible Dubois contract off your hands.
so, put that into your evaluation of the players.

Leafs are more likely than not, re-signing Marner ...the trade noise is only coming from the bitter fanbase and reporters.
LA not asking anybody to take Dubois contract and Marner is not their real need.
That is why OP does not make any sense for Kings.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
LA not asking anybody to take Dubois contract and Marner is not their real need.
That is why OP does not make any sense for Kings.
its an absolute steal for the Kings, they would be crazy to not take it.
best player in the deal, young/cheap scorer and a decent offensive RHD prospect
just getting out from under that Dubois contract alone is a win.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
its an absolute steal for the Kings, they would be crazy to not take it.
best player in the deal, young/cheap scorer and a decent offensive RHD prospect
just getting out from under that Dubois contract alone is a win.
You can insist that it is an absolute steal for the Kings to trade great assets for not needed player, but I would politely disagree with you on this issue.
I don't believe Toronto and Kings are good trading partners.

Reactions: Laphroaig

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Los Angeles Kings: Marner, Robertson, Niemela

Toronto Maple Leafs: Dubois, Moore, Clarke

Difficult one to break down but Clarke is valued by the Kings just as much as the Leafs like Knies (if not more). Change Robertson for Knies and still not sure the Kings do it.

Doubt Dubois waives for the Leafs as a Habs fan growing up. Would have to happen before July 1st because his NMC kicks in. If Dubois didn't like it in Columbus and Winnipeg, he won't like it in Toronto.

Reactions: kinghock

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Difficult one to break down but Clarke is valued by the Kings just as much as the Leafs like Knies (if not more). Change Robertson for Knies and still not sure the Kings do it.

Doubt Dubois waives for the Leafs as a Habs fan growing up. Would have to happen before July 1st because his NMC kicks in. If Dubois didn't like it in Columbus and Winnipeg, he won't like it in Toronto.
I believe that OP is based on bunch of incorrect assumptions from Toronto fan and because of it does not make any sense for Kings fans:

• Kings wants to trade PLD.
  • LA can trade their future 1D Clarke without serious damage to their D.
  • Kings needs another high scoring winger when they really need better goalies and defense.
  • LA values not needed players from Toronto (Robertson, Niemela).

Reactions: Rorschach

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Both teams are cap strapped and LA doesn't really need any significant players from Toronto that I can think of.

Before when we fans in LA didn't know the fate of LucRobJim, I could see a 3-way deal with Utah.
LA lacking a 1C, 1D and 1G but having potential 1C and 1D (Byfield and Clarke) plus some other young talents still in the system and on the team, could use futures and Utah has a nice 1st this year.

Utah has 40+ mil in cap and almost no defense along with only one 7 mil guy in Keller. They could use a guy like Marner to sell seats in the arena and they could use exclusive rights to negotiate with a defenseman like Matt Roy plus any other NHL defenseman LA would part with.

LA as well would have a lot of cap as well so if Toronto wanted to dump salary like Marner's salary and also needs retention on any incoming, both teams could accommodate.

Toronto could use quite a few players from LA but would have to clear even more than Marner's cap hit...but LA and Utah could help with that. High end TO forwards to Utah, Utah futures to LA, some TO futures to LA, playoff players like Kopitar and Doughty...maybe a winger too to TO, maybe a defenseman to Utah.

But now that we know LA will stay pat, there are no major deals to be done with Toronto and neither Tavares or Marner are particularly desirable to LA.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Trading Doughty for Marner might be interesting but I think Doughty stays long term. Hypothetically though, if LA traded Doughty for Marner (and maybe Kaliyev for a left-handed defenseman), they could re-sign Matt Roy.

Kempe - Byfield - Marner
Dubois - Kopitar - Fiala
Turcotte - Danault - Moore
Lee - Helenius - Thomas

Anderson - Clarke
Gavrikov - Roy
Englund - Spence

xxx
Rittich

Just leaves the goalie question I guess.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
No thank you.

Doughty for Marner is closer
I don't like that one for LA. The D depth is fine with Doughty. But without him it becomes awful.

And for what? A slightly better Fiala? LA has enough expensive forwards already

Trading Doughty for Marner might be interesting but I think Doughty stays long term. Hypothetically though, if LA traded Doughty for Marner (and maybe Kaliyev for a left-handed defenseman), they could re-sign Matt Roy.

Kempe - Byfield - Marner
Dubois - Kopitar - Fiala
Turcotte - Danault - Moore
Lee - Helenius - Thomas

Anderson - Clarke
Gavrikov - Roy
Englund - Spence

xxx
Rittich

Just leaves the goalie question I guess.
I really don't like relocating money from D to F for a forward that's softer than baby shit. Especially when the goaltending is suspect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad