Proposal: Marner to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Poll

• LA says no

Votes: 37 29.1%
  • Toronto says no

Votes: 61 48.0%
  • Both teams say no

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • Deal

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Dubois will be the Kings 65 pt 2C if he bounces back being overpaid 1M

Or he will be there 45 pt 3C being overpaid 4M

He is not being dealt.

Retires a king due to bouncing back or is bought out if he sucks again next year. Unmovable asset
His contract ends when he’s about 33 and the way he has jumped from team to team, you really think he’ll retire a king. A 1 day contract?

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Toronto is out of Marners contract at the end of the year. Why would they trade him for another crap long contract ?
I don't care who wants Marner I just want the cap space he is going to take up on his next contract if the Leafs decide to sign him.

Let him walk if need be. Sucks but that's what needs to go down at worst. If we can get something for him and need to retain on his last year coming up, cool, do it.

Reactions: kinghock

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Dubois is a horrible salary dump, Leafs gave up Moore on waivers (decent 3rd/4th liner), and a 'good' RHD prospect
for Marner, an undersized sniper who should easily get 20 goals if in the lineup regularly, and a good project offence RHD (had a nice rookie AHL season)

Leafs laugh this one away.
for anyone to take Dubois, you need to add a heck of a lot.
i.e. Clarke would be the add on just to take the horrible Dubois contract off your hands.
so, put that into your evaluation of the players.

Leafs are more likely than not, re-signing Marner ...the trade noise is only coming from the bitter fanbase and reporters.
Moore was traded and is a good player. Clarke is a great prospect. Not a (good) one.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
can understand TML asking for Clarke
don't see LAK agreeing though

if not 1-for-1 DuBois<> Marner, it may get too complicated to complete

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Marner is a UFA in one season. Why would the Kings give up so much for a rental?
A more likely and fair trade is Marner straight up for Doughty.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Really you don't think they'd move PLD for Marner? I guarantee they'd do that fast than you can say Marner's name if that were on the table
This issue is not about if Kings will move PLD for Marner.

LA do not need Marner and his huge salary when they need to address different issues and already have good wingers (Fila and Kempe).

Why don’t you try to sell Marner to teams who really need very good winger?

Reactions: Guitpik and JKG33

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
The one they don’t need is pld
It is not for you to make this decision.
You are Toronto fand and should be authority on questions who is needed or not needed on your team.
Can you please stop provide recommendations to fans of the team who are not interested in your recommendations?

Reactions: johnnybbadd

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

LA do not need Marner and his huge salary when they need to address different issues and already have good wingers (Fila and Kempe).

Oh make no mistake about it, I don't want him to go to LA, truth be kown LA has very little that I would want, I just find it ridiculous that you believe LA would turn that down especially if PLD is involved

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Oh make no mistake about it, I don't want him to go to LA, truth be kown LA has very little that I would want, I just find it ridiculous that you believe LA would turn that down especially if PLD is involved
I guess team needs and salary concerns are very new concepts to you,
Now I understand you.

Reactions: JKG33

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
can understand TML asking for Clarke
don't see LAK agreeing though

if not 1-for-1 DuBois<> Marner, it may get too complicated to complete

Marner has a year, Dubois has a LONG ass contract.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Marner. Gonna be some spicy drama I'm sure.

Let him walk if need be. I don't want to take on a burden just to get rid of a guy I want gone and can walk away to another team after one more season.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

And, aren't they doubling down on the 1-3-1 thing? That doesn't sound like a system suited to a Marner. Nor do the Leafs want PLD on that cap/term.

Doesn't work at all.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
E) Marner says no
Exactly,

Marner can walk right the hell into the sunset and sign with San Jose or something...........

I really don't wan't him at his next cap hit/term.

Leafs want change? Shed Marner. Great player, but time to do something different and I really hope the Leafs management can see that.

Addition by subtraction.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You are Toronto fand and should be authority on questions who is needed or not needed on your team.
Can you please stop provide recommendations to fans of the team who are not interested in your recommendations?

Who here makes decisions? You think you make decisions on what the kings need? You get this isn’t real right?

Reactions: MCB

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Fans aren't authorities on their teams.

Reactions: MCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad