Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Highly unlikely he was telling Matthews to stop crying. Reminder that Marner literally spent the entire shift crying about a non call and then approaching the ref after the whistle about the call before going to the bench. The interaction with Nylander happened shortly after Marner sat down. Also, Matthews never even touched the puck the entire shift in question. Why would Nylander tell him just to shoot it?

Nylander is telling Marner to quit crying bro. Maybe even because the ref warned Marner of a penalty while on the bench if he didnt shut it.

Ugh, here we go. Whatever man, we have the audio thank God. We’ll see next week.

Reactions: Metroid

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I doubt they'll be any creative editing for dramatic affect.

Haha. If in the end he was talking to Marner, I’ll gladly eat crow and admit I’m wrong.

It will be interesting to see if Nylanders mic picks up the whole interaction. It would be predictable that we get Nylanders audio with no context but Matthews and Marner’s part in the dialogue are missing.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Haha. If in the end he was talking to Marner, I’ll gladly eat crow and admit I’m wrong.

It will be interesting to see if Nylanders mic picks up the whole interaction. It would be predictable that we get Nylanders audio with no context but Matthews and Marner’s part in the dialogue are missing.
I'd be shocked if you're wrong as it sounds like we heard pretty much the same thing.
Regardless, I look forward to the spin we'll see afterwards as you can guarantee there are some that would never admit they're wrong.
In fairness though, for some that would be a fulltime job. :laugh:

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I'd be shocked if you're wrong as it sounds like we heard pretty much the same thing.
Regardless, I look forward to the spin we'll see afterwards as you can guarantee there are some that would never admit they're wrong.
In fairness though, for some that would be a fulltime job. :laugh:

Nylander, Pastrnak to star in Prime Video’s ‘FACEOFF: Inside the NHL’ debut | NHL.com

You can read the transcript if your ears failing you. "Stop effing crying bruh". Nylander already confirmed what he said to Mitch, it's no longer up for debate.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Nylander already confirmed what he said to Mitch, it's no longer up for debate.
Nylander didn't confirm anything. It is pretty obvious he's talking to Matthews though. Pretty bad look for Nylander, but it's a heated moment and it happens.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Nylander, Pastrnak to star in Prime Video’s ‘FACEOFF: Inside the NHL’ debut | NHL.com

You can read the transcript if your ears failing you. "Stop effing crying bruh". Nylander already confirmed what he said to Mitch, it's no longer up for debate.
Has anybody come up for an explanation for Marner's body language? He holds his arms/palms up like he is questioning what is being said before he turns and throws his gloves, which indicates to me, he was being spoken to. Matthews doesn't even bat an eye at Nylander.

1727181043558.png

Last edited:
Reactions: rumman

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Has anybody come up for an explanation for Marner's body language? He holds his arms/palms up like he is questioning what is being said before he turns and throws his gloves, which indicates to me, he was being spoken to. Matthews doesn't even bat an eye at Nylander.

View attachment 909198
At this point who cares, it’s like 3 trust fund babies arguing over who’s picking up the cheque……….

• Haha
Reactions: mclaren55

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
According to Zeisberger it was directed at Marner.

“After telling Marner to “stop whining bro,” a mic’d up Nylander told him to “just (bleepin’) shoot it.””
I've never seen Matthews look like he's on the verge of tears, Marner on the other hand ...

That's really all there is to it IMO. Occam's razor and all that jazz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad