Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Who cares? It’s just another insignificant thing you’re trying to make into a big deal?

The leafs have posters all over the city and the internet with various players. I don’t think it’s an indication of anything. Rielly isn’t on the poster either, should we assume he’s gone too?

Remind me who the "Core 4" were again?

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I'm really looking forward to watching Berube insist and demand for EVERY Leaf player to finish EVERY check physically and winning 50/50 puck battles all over the ice.

The weak and the soft will be left behind and only the big and strong will survive, while turning figure skaters into real hockey players in preparation for long playoff runs playing big heavy winning hockey.

It's not about finishing check but about working hard, winning battle and protecting the puck

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
It's not about finishing check but about working hard, winning battle and protecting the puck
Exactly, Berube pointed it out: working hard and competing are two different things. He said that on his team, any player who doesn’t do both will have problems.

Marner might work hard, but his compete level is one of the lowest. There’s plenty of video evidence from the playoffs to prove it.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I’m not holding my breathe, but if the Leafs ever do win another cup in my lifetime I’ll definitely take ghat off my bucket list snd find something else to occupy my time…….
Same. If the Leafs actually win the cup, I’ll find the nerve to finally ask Jessica Alba out. But like you said I won’t hold my breath.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
You can see Berube's mindset in his comments coming in at camp.

For example lets take rookie Grebenkin ... Check out the emphasis on "Size" and "Strong" mentioned in just 1 single line.

New Leafs head coach Craig Berube had some surprising things to say about rookie Nikita Grebenkin after the first day of on-ice sessions at training camp.

Drafted in the fifth round of the 2022 draft, Grebenkin has spent the past three seasons in the KHL, winning a Gagarin Cup championship with Magnitogorsk Metallurg last season. Since being drafted, the 21-year-old winger has skated in 119 games where he has registered 67 points, including a 19-goal, 41-point campaign last season.

The now 6'2, 210-pound right winger began training camp with the Leafs this week and after the first on-ice session, he left new head coach Craig Berube quite surprised and impressed. Berube had this to say about the dynamic winger:

Leafs might be moving toward bigger more physical players like Greb and Knies and away from small, soft players in the future. :wg:

But how smart is he? Is he smart enough to bait an opponent to be first on a loose puck, so he can surprise them on their high side and attempt to block their clear?

Chess my friend...when everyone else is playing checkers.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Exactly, Berube pointed it out: working hard and competing are two different things. He said that on his team, any player who doesn’t do both will have problems.

Marner might work hard, but his compete level is one of the lowest. There’s plenty of video evidence from the playoffs to prove it.

I never saw any player with low compete level able to shutdown top opposite weapon shift after shift

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I never saw any player with low compete level able to shutdown top opposite weapon shift after shift
Fake news. There isn't another leaf that is remotely close to him in causing important goals against in the playoffs.

Game 2 vs Boston, his player scored both of Bostons goals.

Game 3 vs Florida, he gave the puck away inside his zone for the gwg.

Game 6 vs Tampa, his giveaway and subsequent bad defense caused the gwg in OT.

Game 6 or 7 vs Montreal his delay of game penalty caused the 2man pp goal against.

Game 6 or 7 vs Montreal his giveaway at the opponents blueline was essentially the game winning goal.

And I'm only getting warmed up. I'm not going to post the videos again for you for the 109th time either.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
If they win the cup, they could miss the playoffs for the rest of their careers, show up to camp forty points over weight, never back check once, flip the bird to the fans every night, and still be BELOVED for entirety. Are we serious. One cup for a TML is the end game.
Wow talk about taking things to the extreme. lol If that were to be the case, I unlike some here would re evaluate my position based on the new set circumstances and adjust accordingly.
These are short posts in a fan site, I didn’t think we had to account for all possible scenarios in human existence………my bad

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Fake news. There isn't another leaf that is remotely close to him in causing important goals against in the playoffs.

Game 2 vs Boston, his player scored both of Bostons goals.

Game 3 vs Florida, he gave the puck away inside his zone for the gwg.

Game 6 vs Tampa, his giveaway and subsequent bad defense caused the gwg in OT.

Game 6 or 7 vs Montreal his delay of game penalty caused the 2man pp goal against.

Game 6 or 7 vs Montreal his giveaway at the opponents blueline was essentially the game winning goal.

And I'm only getting warmed up. I'm not going to post the videos again for you for the 109th time either.

again boston 1st goal, liljegren 1/2 was on those passing lane and marner had no reason to go on the same passing lan

1000004189.jpg

boston 2nd goal, so you try to tell me its marner fault if Benoit lost his 1v1 battle?

1000004206.jpg

you really talked and gallagher goal who was probably amount top 3 worst goal allowed in playoff by toronto last 25 year? Its like an awful shot than even a Pee-Wee goalie would be able to stop it.

and you can do the exact thing with every player... Like gm 3 vs bos GWG is all about Matthews .

Nylander just last year vs tampa

Gm 6 stamkos tying goal is all about him

gm 3 2 of 3 goal all about nylander lack of compete/work

gm 4 sergachev goal nylander making figure skating in the defensive end nd get caught out of position.

Its not pretty hard to find key moment where they making mistake.

The funniest thing is when you trying to attribute mistake of other player to marner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad