Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The 'Marner angle' is why it was brought up.
Some feel that Shanahan was pumping Marner for a trade to teams unaware that he's a 100 point player.
I was wondering how that worked and the insecure lost their minds as their known to do.

Teams could listen if they like and may but they'll have their own ways of determining a players value.

Surely we can firewall one concept from another.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Haha good riddance, I guess haha. No idea why anyone would want to cheer for Utah

Why support a loser franchise with no intent of trying to win ?

The Maple Leaf logo is a facade.

Utah probably wins a cup before the Leafs.

Pathetic league, pathetic team management, literally no one cares.

He’s gone.

IMG_9248.jpeg

He’ll be a Blue Jacket next year.

maskingagent

Oct 18, 2016
With the history of this franchise, they'll re-sign him and he can continue dancing and celebrating to the garbage goals in the regular season.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
I would assume working hard in the summer is the default behavior for NHL players. The fact that anyone in the organization would even bring this up is a little bit weird.
So much effort spent reporting that he is indeed training and is a wonderful human. Why would anyone doubt either of those things?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Why support a loser franchise with no intent of trying to win ?

The Maple Leaf logo is a facade.

Utah probably wins a cup before the Leafs.

Pathetic league, pathetic team management, literally no one cares.

He’s gone.

View attachment 907786

He’ll be a Blue Jacket next year.

Hahaha don’t let the door hit ya on the way out. If they don’t bring you joy or don’t make you happy, find something better to do? Or stop watching. Idk what do you want us to do? Be miserable with you? No thanks

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
So much effort spent reporting that he is indeed training and is a wonderful human. Why would anyone doubt either of those things?

You have to be joking right now… we have 2 threads, there was a 3rd this summer that got shut down, full of people questioning his work ethic, saying he’s a pos, selfish, attacking his character. People also on Twitter doing the same. It’s gone too far, at some point with Marner it stopped being about his on ice play and it’s become very personal. Thats why players are defending him. If it was strictly about his play I don’t think other players defend him as much as they do. No one has to play stupid here.

Reactions: Sypher04

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You have to be joking right now… we have 2 threads, there was a 3rd this summer that got shut down, full of people questioning his work ethic, saying he’s a pos, selfish, attacking his character. People also on Twitter doing the same. It’s gone too far, at some point with Marner it stopped being about his on ice play and it’s become very personal. Thats why players are defending him. If it was strictly about his play I don’t think other players defend him as much as they do. No one has to play stupid here.
You think they're playing?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Berube when asked about holding players accountable:

"Players can control two things their work and their compete. If a player isnt working and isnt competing, they are gonna have an issue."

Berube separates the two well. You can work hard but not be competing. Marner, while he hustles, he also avoids all contact areas and battles.

Berube obviously isnt a fan of it, when I say "it"... I mean Marner pulling the chute on pucks in corner and Marner watching his teammates outnumbered in a scrum from 40' away.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
With the history of this franchise, they'll re-sign him and he can continue dancing and celebrating to the garbage goals in the regular season.

Judging by the tone of Marner’s presser I would think Marner is getting re-signed. He seemed to be speaking out from behind the protective and supportive bubble of the organization, not really a guy in limbo facing uncertainty.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

"Players can control two things their work and their compete. If a player isnt working and isnt competing, they are gonna have an issue."

Berube separates the two well. You can work hard but not be competing. Marner, while he hustles, he also avoids all contact areas and battles.

Berube obviously isnt a fan of it, when I say "it"... I mean Marner pulling the chute on pucks in corner and Marner watching his teammates outnumbered in a scrum from 40' away.

Why are you so obsessed with associating everything quote with Marner? It’s weird.

That sounded like a direct message to the whole team, not one individual. All the stars have had horrible nights. Nylander literally gave up on a puck mid play in the playoffs. That was the most pathetic thing I’ve seen in pro sports.

Reactions: Sypher04

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

If it was a guy on another team we’d definitely see the funny side of those little stop up self preservation plays.

Reactions: Antropovsky

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Berube on why he wants to try Nylander at center, "hes strong, hes big, hes skilled".

Same thing ive constantly said about Nylander. His strength allows him to fend off checkers while carrying the puck and makes him an effective puck carrier.

As ive always said...Marner cant, because hes weak and it shows up in spades in the postseason.

Wonder why everyone is putting so much emphasis on Marner having a good summer? Its almost as if hes known to not have them.

Seems like me and Berube are in the same page.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It’s all a cover up. They lie about his height, weight, work ethic.

He must be the worlds greatest natural athlete to put up the points he does being a scrawny lazy midget.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Judging by the tone of Marner’s presser I would think Marner is getting re-signed. He seemed to be speaking out from behind the protective and supportive bubble of the organization, not really a guy in limbo facing uncertainty.
He was always going to be resigned. It won't be any different than Matthews or Nylander. It's just a matter of how big the contract ends up being.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Exactly. No reason not to assume that all our players don't work hard in the summer, but for some reason the organization feels the need to talk about Marner working hard, it's just weird. All that effort like you said, weird.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He was always going to be resigned. It won't be any different than Matthews or Nylander. It's just a matter of how big the contract ends up being.
Probably. I wouldn't say it's 100% certain though, at least I'm hoping there are some open minds among our teams decision makers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad