Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I don’t think anyone can really question Marner’s play in that game.. it was bad. That was the worst game of the series by far for everyone.
Ya it really make you want to see him get at 12.5 X 8 contract

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Give him same deal as Nylander or goodbye. He does some things better some things worse.

He would need to get 13 million in a 7 year deal to make the same amount. I don’t see any team doing that.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Yup... Francis said he knew too. And had an insider who gave him the ifo.

But then @francis246 version made no sense:

- It was about a pp (there was no pp in the 2nd)
- it was after during a tv break (no it was not).

Then he changed to a different version lol.

You showed your support of his 1st version by giving him a like...but apparently knew that it didnt make sense?

Haha... this is exactly why Marner fans dont post their evidence and instead name call because when they try to explain themselves it all just falls apart.

Stick to the name calling... guys. Thats my advice.

Why does it have to be the 2nd period? There were 3 unsuccessful PP in the 1st, at that point they were something like 1 for 14 on the PP in the series.

"We're talking about plays we are not 100% on" - That is exactly what @francis246 indicated happened - Keep in mind Matty was talking TO Nylander. When one person looks at someone says something and that someone responds to the first person, most reasonable people would call that "communication" between two people...

Can we agree on who are the only two Leafs talking?

Antro you clearly said in your 100 screen cap post, that Nylander and Matthews are calling out Marner for his soft play, Nylander clearly says shoot the puck TO Matthews, how does Matthews shooting the puck have anything to do with Marners "soft play" Let me guess your response, Nylander was wrong and you were right? Gotchaya

Who is name calling?

For the love of god use spell check before you post, some of your post are are virtually unreadable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: francis246

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

On a line with Crosby and Mackinnon. Team Canada preview?
That would be a great line.

Hopefully Mac and Sid have given him pointers on how to improve his shot and strength

Give him same deal as Nylander or goodbye. He does some things better some things worse.

He would need to get 13 million in a 7 year deal to make the same amount. I don’t see any team doing that.
How would you justify Matthews getting 2 million more on short term deal?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That would be a great line.

Hopefully Mac and Sid have given him pointers on how to improve his shot and strength
These guys all pick things up from each other but there would be instructors at the camp to work on specific skills.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
That might his permanent center in one season, gossip/rumors are Dubas has been back channeling the idea of Mitch playing in Pitts with Syd.
That’s a new one but not a concern until next summer.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
That’s a new one but not a concern until next summer.

Any team who needs an elite playmaker will be rumored to be in the Marner sweepstakes. I read/heard/YT, LA, Montreal, Pitts, Philly, LV... it like this every year with elite players, they are going everywhere but usually stay where they are. "Insiders" need clicks to stay relevant.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
That's simply based on most people seeing Dubas as being the only GM dumb enough to sign Marner.

Dubas likes his "guys", his Soo links are well documented, he poached Spez and a few other management people. Marner plays the possession keep away type game Dubas likes, Dubas covets skill, Marner is a Dubas type player, It wouldn't be crazy to think that if Marner goes to FA, Dubas will be the first in line to sign him.

Reactions: francis246

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Any team who needs an elite playmaker will be rumored to be in the Marner sweepstakes. I read/heard/YT, LA, Montreal, Pitts, Philly, LV... it like this every year with elite players, they are going everywhere but usually stay where they are. "Insiders" need clicks to stay relevant.
There’s an Insider that links him to Pittsburg? That seems odd

That's simply based on most people seeing Dubas as being the only GM dumb enough to sign Marner.
I get the irrational hate some of you carry but that seems like a pretty thick statement.

Reactions: LFKevin21

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Yup... Francis said he knew too. And had an insider who gave him the ifo.

But then @francis246 version made no sense:

- It was about a pp (there was no pp in the 2nd)
- it was after during a tv break (no it was not).

Then he changed to a different version lol.

You showed your support of his 1st version by giving him a like...but apparently knew that it didnt make sense?

Haha... this is exactly why Marner fans dont post their evidence and instead name call because when they try to explain themselves it all just falls apart.

Stick to the name calling... guys. Thats my advice.
I also know someone that works in MLSE and the version I heard was that it was all Marner…

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Then Tre says hold my beer in January or February……..

Dubas likes his "guys", his Soo links are well documented, he poached Spez and a few other management people. Marner plays the possession keep away type game Dubas likes, Dubas covets skill, Marner is a Dubas type player, It wouldn't be crazy to think that if Marner goes to FA, Dubas will be the first in line to sign him.
Wasn’t part of Dubas leaving Toronto due to him finally wanting to trade away parts of the core and Shanahan vetoed it?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
If you get the "hate" then it's probably not so "irrational".
I get that it’s irrational, that’s pretty obvious.
You never answered so I can assume you believe that only Dubas league wide would be interested in Marner. That seems rational to you?

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I get that it’s irrational, that’s pretty obvious.
You never answered so I can assume you believe that only Dubas league wide would be interested in Marner. That seems rational to you?
If Marner's current contract plus some sort of raise sets the floor of his next deal, then I think only Dubas would be interested and maybe some non playoff teams with tons of cap room might bite, but no contender will be interested at the price I think he will be looking for. I dont see him wanting to go below his current cap % so I think that maybe takes him to around 12m on the projected cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad