Marner or Shesterkin at their next projected contracts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marner or Shesterkin at their next projected contracts?

• Marner

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Shestrekin

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Who is more valuable at 11-12M on the cap? Let's say you have Matthews, Nylander, and Shesterkin vs. Matthews, Nylander, Marner, and a much cheaper goalie tandem. Who would you rather have going forward?

Could also be applied to your team in general. Like, would you rather have a goalie like Shesterkin at his projected cap number or a winger like Marner at his projected cap number?

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
This is going to be a near shutout, which is appropriate since shesterkin has such a high volume of games allowing one goal

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Neither

Shesterkin isnt worth 11-12M will be an albatross unless the rangers get a couple of ELC stars

Marner isnt worth 11M when including reg and playoffs, let alone the 12.5M - 13M he wants

A winning team would avoid caving to either of these players demands

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
They're both worth the money based on their current level of play.

If you can get them as a UFA at that price without having to give anything else up, it's a win.

The problem is people compare UFA contracts to RFA contracts. Marner's current contract was so awful not because he isn't worth the money, but because it was such an overpayment for a guy with very little leverage as a pre Arb RFA.

In terms of long term future, I'll trust the forward to sustain it over the goalie, however good that goalie may be currently.

In terms of what they have provided in the past, give me shesterkin without a doubt.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Might be unpopular, but I’d go with Marner.

I also went Marner, because as an Avs fan, I'd give Rantanen a big extension long before I'd give any goalie a big contract. There's only a handful of 100+ point wingers, but there's 15-20 goalies in any given year who could realistically put together a playoff run that gets it done.

Reactions: Evergreen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad