Proposal: Marner for Eichel +

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
This thread only deserves VERY sarcastic responses. Obvious troll is obvious.

I would do this trade if the Sabre's eat at least 50% of Eichel's salary. It's only fair...

Ledge And Dairy

Since Marner is the better player and not suffering from a potential career altering injury then shouldn't Buffalo be adding?

Marner has more points with less games played and despite his non existent playoff goal scoring he's still nearly a PPG player in 32 playoff games while Eichel is still an unknown for playoff performance. I'm guessing Eichel is worth more on hfboards because of draft pedigree and being a center? If Marner was offered 1 for 1 for Eichel, Buffalo would take it and run.
Eichel when healthy is definitely the better player

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
While we know you’re not all like this, this is the type of proposal that makes us have pre conceived notions on leafs posters…

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I don’t think Toronto fans realize that Marner has negative value with his contract
you can't be serious?
the whole team is struggling yet you are here saying that Marner is a waiver level player? sorry but the kid will get it going again.
I am not sure whats up with Matthews and Marner tho, they both look off, like way off.
If the season is a lost cause I would send them away to a facility to get right. I think they may need some mental health time.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
No they wouldn't. Sometimes you need to analyze a little deeper than points. What use does Buffalo have for a highly paid winger who cant shoot and seems to be getting weaker by the year? His game is not built for playoff success and is basically empty calorie stats. Buffalo can do better trading Eichel.

Even not basing it on points, Marner is the better all around player and has a better attitude then Eichel.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
you can't be serious?
the whole team is struggling yet you are here saying that Marner is a waiver level player? sorry but the kid will get it going again.
I am not sure whats up with Matthews and Marner tho, they both look off, like way off.
If the season is a lost cause I would send them away to a facility to get right. I think they may need some mental health time.
I’m not sure what you mean by a waiver level player, but marner might not get claimed if he was put on waivers. He’s a great player, borderline all star, but he’s not worth 11m per year based on the current market for wingers. If he was a UFA he’d probably get 8-10m per year, so he has negative value relative to that. Kind of similar to in the extreme example if McDavid made 40m/year. Even as the best player in the league, he’s not worth half the cap

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
TBH at his contract, as a leafs fan, i'd just be happy with Marner gone and us having 11m in cap space to make the team better.

Problem is we'd have to eat 11m in money coming back so it's not going to happen. We're stuck with him.

Mar 26, 2010
Done deal, I Will Personally drive Marner down the QEW to New York and drop him off. It is only a 1 Hour drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad