Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Yea, and that's a really solid game from Sandin too which you said he didn't have a good game.
Both are just so good.

Definitely both trending towards very good top 4 D-men based on their comparables.

Would makes things so much easier if we only have to worry about adding a single top 4 right shot moving forward.

I still have hopes that Dermott can come back and take a decent step towards that as well.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Both are just so good.

Definitely both trending towards very good top 4 D-men based on their comparables.

Would makes things so much easier if we only have to worry about adding a single top 4 right shot moving forward.

I still have hopes that Dermott can come back and take a decent step towards that as well.
I think that soon the Leafs may trade one or both of Johnsson/Kapanen with the emergence of Moore, Mikheyev, Timashov, and Korshkov. With that extra LTIR room and/or the return from those deals, they could go hunting for an age appropriate RD.

Last edited:
Reactions: hullsy47

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think that soon the Leafs may trade one or both of Johnsson/Kapanen with the emergence of Moore, Mikheyev, Timashov, and Korshkov. With that extra LTIR room and/or the return from those deals, they could go hunting for an age appropriate RD.

I could see one of Johnsson or Kapanen going for defensive help but I doubt they would move both

The better question would be if Hyman only has this season and next under contract is he the guy you should move instead? Since he's older with less team control

I do know that if Mikheyev is going to get a contract we will need to move some money to make things fit

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Kinda hard to judge the ECHL, but Hollowell and Brazeau have had hot starts. 5 points in 5 games for Hollowell and 6 points (2 goals) in 5 games for Brazeau. I wonder if there's any room for them to come up for the Marlies later this season or are they pretty much stuck in the ECHL for the year.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Kinda hard to judge the ECHL, but Hollowell and Brazeau have had hot starts. 5 points in 5 games for Hollowell and 6 points (2 goals) in 5 games for Brazeau. I wonder if there's any room for them to come up for the Marlies later this season or are they pretty much stuck in the ECHL for the year.

I think they both could be up by the new year...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

It's not like the Marlies haven't been hot either. 5 game winning streak and undefeated so far.

I think they want both those players to get a lot of minutes. And I mean a lot of minutes. This is why the Marlies recalled Zach O'Brien from the Growlers yesterday to play 4th line minutes.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Good start of season for their pro careers. The ECHL might feel easy for them but it’s a great way to build confidence. Hopefully they keep grinding and turn this success into AHL success later this year or next year. We’re in no rush with our prospects and I think that’s fantastic. Look how great Timashov and Moore look. Slow cook

Reactions: Lauro and MyBudJT

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Good start of season for their pro careers. The ECHL might feel easy for them but it’s a great way to build confidence. Hopefully they keep grinding and turn this success into AHL success later this year or next year. We’re in no rush with our prospects and I think that’s fantastic. Look how great Timashov and Moore look. Slow cook

Also, since the Leafs seem to really value the ECHL as a development league, there is little doubt we have develpment staff frequently in NL to monitor our prospects skating/skills/etc.

Reactions: Lauro

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Also, since the Leafs seem to really value the ECHL as a development league, there is little doubt we have develpment staff frequently in NL to monitor our prospects skating/skills/etc.
Yup, can guarantee our ECHL players are getting better treatment and facility use than most other AHL teams players are used to.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Colt Conrad is putting up the insane numbers though comparitively. 11pts in 5 games. He could be the next Johnson/Timashov/Moore. Hopefully the leafs can clear out some vets so he can show his stuff in the AHL. I'll be happy to see Hollowell and Brazeau up if they can keep up their PPG pace.

Reactions: kk87

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yea, and that's a really solid game from Sandin too which you said he didn't have a good game.
If you look at the stats, yes he had a good game.
I was going by watching the game, and yes he wasn't good.
Turnovers don't hurt the corsi number individually.
Lindgren's corsi number is down the drain, but he was terrific again.

Last edited:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
This is exactly what I was hoping to see from Lily .. Start the year with the Marlies, keep up the strong play to get his confidence going, and now the offense is starting to come around.

Yes, patience is key with Liljegren, and this is an important AHL year for his development. If all goes well he could be up with the Leafs for good by the TDL.

It wouldn’t be a good idea to let Babcock get his hands on him before that though, as we saw in pre-season.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies recap: Kasimir Kaskisuo, Timothy Liljegren dominant in 2-0 win over Cleveland Monsters

Beyond Kaskisuo, the star of the game was Liljegren. He had an impressive night on offense with the two assists and getting four shots off. He made some great defensive plays and really led from the back on a rough night for partner Rasmus Sandin. Liljegren’s become a very consistent, top-pairing presence for the Marlies since last spring and seems to finally be getting recognition for it because of his uptick in points (1g, 4a, 10 shots in five games).

Pretty much what I said on Sandin. He didn't have a good game. Again these will happen on occasion, he's still a great prospect.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016

I'd say Hollowell, could get brought up sooner or later. With Duszak and Kapla next in line.

I think Brazeau, stays down longer and they give Colt Conrad (11 points in 5 games), Estephan (10 points in 5 games) and-or Luchuk (8 points in 5 games) before hand.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Marlies recap: Kasimir Kaskisuo, Timothy Liljegren dominant in 2-0 win over Cleveland Monsters

Beyond Kaskisuo, the star of the game was Liljegren. He had an impressive night on offense with the two assists and getting four shots off. He made some great defensive plays and really led from the back on a rough night for partner Rasmus Sandin. Liljegren’s become a very consistent, top-pairing presence for the Marlies since last spring and seems to finally be getting recognition for it because of his uptick in points (1g, 4a, 10 shots in five games).

Pretty much what I said on Sandin. He didn't have a good game. Again these will happen on occasion, he's still a great prospect.

Yep. My personal bet is he is up by the deadline.

We have about a million wingers. We could trade kappy and Ceci to try to upgrade mos partner. Savard. Brodin. Heck maybe even a retained subban could be on the table.

Muzz. Barrie.
Rielly. Savard
Dermott. Lily

Would be dominant.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

This may just be my own biases speaking, but it does seem when kids "get a cup of coffee" with the big club it takes them a few weeks to get back into the groove of a lower league

Not practicing or being around your teammates for weeks at the start of the season could be pretty disruptive

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This may just be my own biases speaking, but it does seem when kids "get a cup of coffee" with the big club it takes them a few weeks to get back into the groove of a lower league

Not practicing or being around your teammates for weeks at the start of the season could be pretty disruptive
I'm not worried about Sandin. He's going to be okay. I was just calling what I saw, and a user didn't agree with me just by the stats.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm not worried about Sandin. He's going to be okay. I was just calling what I saw, and a user didn't agree with me just by the stats.

Yep, I watched the replay of the game yesterday and I thought Sandin didn't look quite right either, it's amazing I can say that and the kid still dominated shot share like that

Liljegren looking like he's taken another step forward in development which is leading to great numbers for himself and his partners doesn't exactly hurt with that either

I still don't think he's going to be a big points producer but that all situations minute eating 2nd pair D would be bloody useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad