Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies win 4-0 and sweep the 3 in 3. They have won 5 straight to open the season.
Artur with 17 saves for his 1st career AHL shutout.
Grebenkin scored his first career AHL goal and added 2 assists. Tverberg had 3 assists, and Abruzzese had an apple too. Early, but Gruden might have found something in the Grebenkin-Pare-Tverberg line
Also Dubas might have gave us a nice parting gift of young goalie depth in Hildeby and Artur.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Marlies were legit dominant in this one. Seemed to have possession 2/3 to 3/4 of the game. Outshot Comets 2-1. Utica started mailing it in with about 10 to go.
AA, locked in though not busy. Not much to dislike about his game.
Grebs-Pare-Tverberg buzzing all game. Tverberg and Grebs up to a ppg I think.
Fourth line (Masrosimone-Q-Solow) were strong on the puck all game.
Top two vet lines were solid, won their matchups.
D limited second chances. Good luck movement for the most part.
PK was good, PP got a couple.
Gruden really rolls all four lines. I don’t have the numbers, but I’d imagine 5v5 time is pretty even between all four units.
Very strong game. Best of the year start to finish, easily.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
On the ECHL front, Cyxlones are 0-2.
Ty Voit played the second game, didn’t put up any points.
Ryan McCleary (AHL deal) scored a goal but is -3 in two games.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
They have only played 1 game. Yesterday was their season opener
My bad, I was looking at the score ticker and coulda swore it was a Friday game and thought I remembered them starting on Friday …What I saw was their last pre-season score. Oops.
To correct then, McCleary with the goal and -1. Voit no points, -1.

horner

May 22, 2007
Marlies were legit dominant in this one. Seemed to have possession 2/3 to 3/4 of the game. Outshot Comets 2-1. Utica started mailing it in with about 10 to go.
AA, locked in though not busy. Not much to dislike about his game.
Grebs-Pare-Tverberg buzzing all game. Tverberg and Grebs up to a ppg I think.
Fourth line (Masrosimone-Q-Solow) were strong on the puck all game.
Top two vet lines were solid, won their matchups.
D limited second chances. Good luck movement for the most part.
PK was good, PP got a couple.
Gruden really rolls all four lines. I don’t have the numbers, but I’d imagine 5v5 time is pretty even between all four units.
Very strong game. Best of the year start to finish, easily.
How are you watching these games?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Cowan at 41 game streak, even after a 5-1 loss Friday where he picked up an assist on Knights only goal.

Would he learn more in AHL?
He would be better off there IMO though London may be a better spot if they continue to play him at C. If he plays a full season at C then I think ultimately that will be best for his development and make him a more versatile player. Could be a Kadri-like player for us

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
He would be better off there IMO though London may be a better spot if they continue to play him at C. If he plays a full season at C then I think ultimately that will be best for his development and make him a more versatile player. Could be a Kadri-like player for us
Is Cowan playing as a Centre in London this season?

If so, then there is still value in him staying in Junior as a development option.

If not, he’s another player being failed by the current agreement, who would be better served developmentally in the AHL.

Reactions: supermann_98

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Is Cowan playing as a Centre in London this season?

If so, then there is still value in him staying in Junior as a development option.

If not, he’s another player being failed by the current agreement, who would be better served developmentally in the AHL.
My understanding is that he is at C, the London Knights posted a lineup chart on their Twitter yesterday and it showed Cowan centering Jacob Julien and Cohen Bidgood. It is confusing though as Julien is listed as a C everywhere and played C last year, so I'm not sure if him and Cowan are taking turns rotating. Perhaps someone who actively watches the Knights can clarify this.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Berube doesn't coach the Marlies though.

Too bad the AHL doesn't have an exemption clause, but he'll be 20 next year so no problem.
He would've had to have a camp of camps
Berube likes his vets
London is off to avg start. Alot of talent waiting for the wjc to happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad