Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Hirvonen has had a good start to the AHL season.
4 games played, 2 goals scored, 3 assists.
His stock has fallen the past year or so, so needs to have a strong season.
Reset!

After Roni Hirvonen took a stick to the eye on Oct. 15 against the Utica Comets, he didn't know if he'd ever play professional hockey again.

"Of course there was [a doubt]. Until I tried to play on the ice again," Hirvonen said.

Forty seconds into the third period, Utica's Max Willman innocently dumped the puck into the Marlies' end of the rink. The follow-through of his stick caught Hirvonen in the eye.

Full storey at link ... free.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Any word on todays Marlies lineup?

Wonder if Peksa will get a game? If Kressler draws in? I think he’s my new fave longer-shot…..quick, gritty, RH.

4-0 start is nice given losing the first period pretty decisively 4 times. Gotta tighten that up.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Any word on todays Marlies lineup?

Wonder if Peksa will get a game? If Kressler draws in? I think he’s my new fave longer-shot…..quick, gritty, RH.

4-0 start is nice given losing the first period pretty decisively 4 times. Gotta tighten that up.
Should know closer to game time

Reactions: aingefan

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
How is Myers doing?

Honestly my feeling is if the Leafs do move on Liljegren, I think Myers could take that 3RHD position away from Timmins.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
How is Myers doing?

Honestly my feeling is if the Leafs do move on Liljegren, I think Myers could take that 3RHD position away from Timmins.

Myers is on the Leafs still. He hasn't played a game yet though.

Rifai has been great for the Marlies. Dominating his minutes.

Reactions: LeafSteel

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Greb with the verrrryyy slick feed to Pare for the Marlies first of the day and maybe prettiest of the year so far.
Best first period too; outshooting Utica 13-9.
Also, iinm, Marlies pk is still perfect after 4 and 1/3 games.

Reactions: LeafSteel

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Nice chemistry developing on the lower two lines. Quillan down on the 4th line plays strong along the boards, and gets nice looks a couple times a game. Mastrosimone has some wheels, decent hands and vision.
Funny scramble on a Utica power play. Two Comets in the crease, crashing, puck was loose, AA abit out of position, so he got up and leapt on top of the two Comets.
Marlies controlled the second period again, 5th game in a row. Outshot Utica again somewhere around 10-5 or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad