Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Team Canada D at this years WJC is going to be very tough to make. Dickinson, Yakemchuk, Bonk, Molendyk and Parekh are all easily on the team, so it doesn't leave much room for other pretty good options. Danford could be get in since he's a good skating and defense/PK first oriented defender that could fit the very offense oritented blue line. Chadwick has very little chance of making it.

Chadwick has a much better shot of making it than Danford. Being 19 years old is a huge advantage, his GM is literally picking the team and he was at the World Juniors summer camp. He also has the size that they would probably like in a 7th/8th defenseman.

Not expecting either to make it though. But Danford really has no shot this year as an 18 year old who wasn't a high pick. Maybe next year for him.

Reactions: SprDaVE

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Chadwick has a much better shot of making it than Danford. Being 19 years old is a huge advantage, his GM is literally picking the team and he was at the World Juniors summer camp. He also has the size that they would probably like in a 7th/8th defenseman.

Not expecting either to make it though. But Danford really has no shot this year as an 18 year old who wasn't a high pick. Maybe next year for him.
When they took him they knew he was 2 years away. He is a slow cook, we have a vet d. Benoit is 26 and has played 200 games . We have no need to rush him.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Chadwick has a much better shot of makingI it than Danford. Being 19 years old is a huge advantage, his GM is literally picking the team and he was at the World Juniors summer camp. He also has the size that they would probably like in a 7th/8th defenseman.

Both Chadwick and Danford are likely to play but when? Tre likes beef.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Has anyone gotten eyes on Danford since the season started for him? See he has 2 points in 4 games. Curious what his usage is looking like. Really hoping he has a jump in production this year.
I was there to see him Monday, against the Spits. He plays a meat and potatoes kinda style, and doesn't complicate things when moving the puck. A lot of short-medium outlet passes when clearing the zone. Threw himself in front of a couple shots, and had the bench fired up for it. He was a -1 in a 5-2 loss. Played first pair minutes on the right against some really solid comp.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Victor Johansson played in his first SHL game after putting up 13 points in 14 games in J20, should be a large step up in competition but I was liking the role he got to play with Leksands J20 team.

On a side note, I believe the only other NHL affiliated player on Leksands is his Brother Anton.

Reactions: uncleben

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I was there to see him Monday, against the Spits. He plays a meat and potatoes kinda style, and doesn't complicate things when moving the puck. A lot of short-medium outlet passes when clearing the zone. Threw himself in front of a couple shots, and had the bench fired up for it. He was a -1 in a 5-2 loss. Played first pair minutes on the right against some really solid comp.

His playstyle is actually pretty similar to someone like Chris Tanev.

I wouldn't be expecting his point totals to drastically jump because that's not really the kind of player he is.

Tanev has been really good so far for us and you can see the value a elite shutdown guy can bring to a teams defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad