Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I don't know who I had this argument with haha, it might have been you, but to me, size has to do with the weight and height of someone, not just height.

For example, Byfuglien was huge (but not overly tall), and I don't consider Domi small just because he is 5'9.

Regardless, I agree, I think he was listed in the 130s/140s (could be slightly more), so anything he is doing, he is doing likely on pure skill without much of a physical advantage, so it'll be interesting to see him fill out more.
Byfuglien was 6'5, that's pretty damn tall

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Siegel with observations on Cowan during camp. Still some time left to impress but it might be another year before the Cowboy era really kicks off.

The earliest (and I mean earliest) returns suggest he may not be there yet, which isn’t exactly surprising given that Cowan only turned 19 four months ago.

During the first couple days of camp, for instance, Cowan often found himself going head to head with Chris Tanev in drills, the kind of defensive monster he never encountered in junior. Tanev mostly had his way with Cowan, who tried and tried but could not wind his way around or through the new Leafs defenceman.

As Leafs management looked on during an intrasquad scrimmage over the weekend, mind you, Cowan looked just a tad behind the pace. When the puck found his tape, he struggled to make a play before opponents swallowed all his time and space. He was frequently overmatched physically, another non-surprise for a teenager who’s only 5-11 and 185 pounds. Cade Webber, who, to be fair, is a giant at 6-foot-7 and 212 pounds but also not an NHL defenceman, had no trouble pushing Cowan off the puck at one point in the scrimmage.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
I really don't want to lose Holmberg and/or Robertson to keep Jarnkrok and Kampf. I don't know if that is a stupid feeling if both can't clearly win jobs over the latter two, but it's just how I feel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad