News Article: Lebreton...UPDATE - Agreement made with NCC.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’m not overly concerned about parking. Park right downtown and take a 3 minute LRT ride since your ticket will include transit.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Just saw that the NCC is going to sell 10 acres to the Senators?

Time to buy property in Old Hull, the island should benefit a ton from this!

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
That's not going to happen.

Why not?

The people of Ottawa can be so lame and needy. They want to work 8am-11am (max) at their low stress government jobs (but it must be from home because going to work is a human rights violation) and heaven forbid they can’t park directly in front of the NHL arena they’re attending a few times a year.

These same people then complain that the city is boring and downtown sucks as they spend their weekends watching Netflix in Barrhaven.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Why not?

The people of Ottawa can be so lame and needy. They want to work 8am-11am (max) at their low stress government jobs (but it must be from home because going to work is a human rights violation) and heaven forbid they can’t park directly in front of the NHL arena they’re attending a few times a year.

These same people then complain that the city is boring and downtown sucks as they spend their weekends watching Netflix in Barrhaven.

You've been to the Ottawa subreddit I take it

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
You've been to the Ottawa subreddit I take it

The “human rights violation” tidbit was told to me by my wife who works at one of our lovely crown corporations and when they told employees that they’d have to return to the office 2 days per week, a lady in the Zoom actually said that forcing her to commute was a “human rights violation”. She said it out loud in front of hundreds of people.

I imagine she’ll be very upset if this new rink isn’t surround by acres of parking lot.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And how does this get back to parking? Lets say hypothetically there are 4000 units, 1000 which are affordable housing realistically how many of those will be available for gameday parking? Seeing as an average 15 story building holds about 400 - 500 tenants Each building might have 200 spots. I don't see extra parking by way of residential allotment practical. It would have to come from the commercial ventures and then I don't see the NCC making way for what goes against their mandate of reducing car traffic and fight climate change.
There are zoning requirements for the amount of parking in condos, I believe it's between .5 and .7 spots per unit downtown, but that's based on unreliable google searches rather that looking up the specific zoning rules. .

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Including transit in a ticket price makes no sense because no one will want to pay for the subsidy.

Are the 400 series buses not currently free if you have a ticket to the game?

*edit: looks like they aren’t. There are free OC busses for Redblacks games though.

So there should be a ticket surcharge of a couple of bucks to cover the cost.

A $2 charge per ticket would cover ~7000 fares (assuming 18k tickets sold).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Including transit in a ticket price makes no sense because no one will want to pay for the subsidy.
I'm more than willing to pay $2 to reduce the amount of traffic on the way to Sens games. Seems like a good value proposition.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
how come? It's super convenient and easy, i get to landsdowne from orleans in 25 minutes at most. most convenient thing OC does.
I have to pay an extra 3 bucks for my ticket that I don’t need to. If people take the bus, then they can pay the bus fare, those that don’t, why are they subsidizing

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Affordable housing will make up a very small percentage of the units there. No one is spending Billions of dollars to rent out 2000, $1000, 2 bedroom apartments. These new builds will be condos with hefty monthly condo fee's. The condo fees alone would probably equal the cost of an affordable unit.
Lol , affordable rents are not what you are thinking.

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
I have to pay an extra 3 bucks for my ticket that I don’t need to. If people take the bus, then they can pay the bus fare, those that don’t, why are they subsidizing
ohhh sorry i thought you meant you didnyt like taking the bus, which makes sense in 99.999% of situations lol. And i didn't know you paid 3$ extra per ticket but it does make sense. I don't mind it, it encourages people to use the service.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad