Marlies GDT: Marlies Calder Cup Champions!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
glad the coach has marincin out there with those beautiful rushes and making great decisions

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Definitely need to regroup after this game. Can't be taking so many dumb penalties and they were outplayed after the first period.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
when your down you gotta play your skating D like rosen, dermott and liljegren, have them skate it down or join the rush

marincin and hall couldnt get anywhere with the puck or do anything offensively that final stretch

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
10 games straight. Odds are ya gunna lose one sometime.
They'll win the next one

This Stars team is strong, we're going to have to scratch and claw for every victory

Tough even competition and some adversity is great for the kids development

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Looks like the Stars have been the better team throughout the first two games. At least we will have a real playoff series now though lmao, winning 10 straight games in the playoffs in unreal.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Am I blind or did Texas score the winning goal on a pp for holding the stick which was actually a hook by the Texas player?

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I thought Engvall and Moore were dominant out there, especially with puck. This is a tough seasoned Texas team. We’ll adjust next game and dominate as the series moves forward.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
gauthier offensive game is very limited, but i notice his size a lot, hes so long he deflects a lot of pucks, makes a lot of good plays with his reach, covers ice well with that size, i think hes a solid skater for big useful body, wins pucks battles.....like i really hope this turns into something useful at the nhl level, if not then whatever

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Am I blind or did Texas score the winning goal on a pp for holding the stick which was actually a hook by the Texas player?

After watching a couple replays, I think it was an attempted interference by the Marlies skater (ideally enough to keep the Texas player from getting to the puck but not enough to draw a call) which was mostly avoided, and thus turned into an attempt at drawing a hooking call by clamping down on the Texas forward's stick as he tried to get it around the Marlies defender. I've seen lots of NHL players try to draw hooking calls over the years by clamping down on a stick when they feel it on their ribs and going to the ice.

These refs weren't buying it though because it happened right in the middle of the ice and not up against the boards where that trick has a better success rate.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I was at the game. Refs were completely BS but Texas was a solid team, there is no surprise why they are in the finals. Just a hard working team that bends but doesnt break and they score when the opportunity arises. That being said if the refs called a fair game the Marlies would have won 2-1 or 3-1.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Some possession numbers from the first 2 games done by Jeff. That first line definitely needs to be better.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
A bit of adversity here is probably a good thing in reality. If they just cruised their way to a third straight sweep, as impressive as that would be, there wouldn't be much to learn there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad