Marlies GDT: Marlies Calder Cup Champions!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Don't think Grundstrom saw the ice after the second dumb penalty. No doubt he will be back on his regular line next game and also no doubt he's learned his lesson. Smart player just a couple bad split second decisions.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Think the Marlies will be a lot better defensively next game. Glad they could pull this one out.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
when I came on I thought the game was 6-2 or something with the reactions and posts I saw got to watching to see it was 4-3 going in to the 3rd glad I started to watch

It could have been 6-2 the way we were playing, we were just lucky the other team was sharp either.

We have to be better, especially early, but they started doing better in the last 15 minutes of the game. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty much the only time you could say the Marlies were really in control and playing how they usually did.

We know how to play against them now, and we know who to target. They are going to look to beat us physically, since it is a wash speed wise, but that's only going to get them into trouble. I bet we started to keep names (especially McKenzie and Elie) after some of their dirty stuff. Apparently everyone really hated Gauthier for some reason... Guess he was just doing so well and frustrating them at every turn that they wanted to get a piece of him. :laugh:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The Marlies offense won this game, that performance did not inspire confidence in me that Sparks is our future backup

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
The Marlies offense won this game, that performance did not inspire confidence in me that Sparks is our future backup

Can't base only one performance on Sparks' future. He's been lights out for them in the playoffs aside from maybe 2 games (this included) where he wasn't amazing.

The entire team needs to tighten up. I have confidence in him to bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad