Speculation: Mark Stone Megathread Part 4, Vegas emerges as favorite per Friedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
If they were serious they wouldn't have been unwilling to make a decent offer for Stone.

They preferred to deal the cheaper package for the worse player in Hayes.

I'm not a Dorion fan at all, but that decision isn't his fault whatsoever.
To me Dorion just seems like an extremely vanilla hockey executive who keeps ending up in these ridiculous situations mostly through no real fault of his own. I don't think even Stevie Y himself could have come out of the Hoffman/Karlsson farce and all the Melnyk bullshit on top. Better, for sure, but the cards have been just absurdly stacked against Dorion for the last year or so.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Ottawa leaking the Jets information to try and jack up the price is a complete joke.
Their GM is a complete idiot and he is sinking that team.

I am sure other teams are all looking to sign Stone for free this summer after seeing the **** show Dorian is playing.
It's standard practice to leak (though there is no proof, it's just speculation) info to drive up the price. It's his job. Jets will likely do the same when it's time to trade Trouba. I don't disagree that Dorian sucks and is sinking their team, but he is doing to his job by setting a price and hoping a team pays it. If not, he will will lower the price. You should be mad at Chevy for not paying said price, not Dorian.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
M-O-R-O-N

I hope that this is correct.

Triggered much? Dorion was right not have accepted the underwhelming offer that Chevy put on the table. Dorion is a terrible GM but passing on a similar deal to what you paid for Hayes is not a bad move for once.

If Dorion manages to get a deal better than what Jets fans were convinced was a done deal you have a lot of crow to eat my salty friend. I love the Jets overall but a couple posters are just unbearable here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad