Player Discussion Mark Kastelic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Disingenuous

People are ticked about HOW he was acquired, not that he was acquired.

Marco Sturm was great for Boston in his short time, a Fan favorite.
But ask any Bruins fan about him and it will always go back to how Boston got him and for whom.

Really? because if you look in the threads talking about the trade, you see a lot of people complaining about him being a 4th liner, a JAG, a guy that probably won't even make the NHL roster.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Really? because if you look in the threads talking about the trade, you see a lot of people complaining about him being a 4th liner, a JAG, a guy that probably won't even make the NHL roster.
Which is true. AJ Greer was an NHLer for a month in Boston.
My point is: if he was signed for league min to replace Maroon/Lauko this would be a very different thread. But because he was a return in what is widely considered a bad and confusing deal it will always be tied to him.

I look forward to seeing him compete for a spot on the roster this fall. Could be an important guy on the 4th line. Could be in the AHL with Ian Mitchell.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
My point is: if he was signed for league min to replace Maroon/Lauko this would be a very different thread. But because he was a return in what is widely considered a bad and confusing deal it will always be tied to him.

I look forward to seeing him compete for a spot on the roster this fall. Could be an important guy on the 4th line. Could be in the AHL with Ian Mitchell.

So essentially fans are looking at him emotionally vs rationally. Sounds right for this place.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019

That is only the case for people who can't let go of things like this, it's real easy to let go, but some won't.
I'm already over it, because I don't have control over what Charlie Brown does.

Reactions: BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
That is only the case for people who can't let go of things like this, it's real easy to let go, but some won't.
I'm already over it, because I don't have control over what Charlie Brown does.

Welcome to HFBoards/Boston where posters are still making comments about the Hamilton, Seguin, Thornton trades even now and every week 2015 is mentioned.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Scored 47 goals on the dub with Calgary one year. I would think he has sone talent. Only 25.
Nick Kypreos scored 49 goals and 41 assists in 46 OHL games.....scoring in Junior is much different vs the NHL.
My son, who understands hockey is a huge Sens fan and watches all the games....he told me he sucks, 4th liner at best.
He only plays like 7-8 mins a game.
I hope he is wrong, because we sure need someone to step up to the plate to make this trade work for us.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
As a Sens fan who doesn't love migrating to other boards on here I'll say this about Kastelic - with the right coach I believe he could be the ideal 4C in this league. I'm not convinced he ever becomes the player he could be simply because he's held back by a relatively low hockey IQ.

For a big body, he does not play mean like some people are trying to suggest. In fact, our club tried to get him to play mean and with intensity. There's a clip from last year about Alfredsson harping on him for not finishing his man. In my opinion, he took his spot in the NHL for granted.

That said, the Bruins leadership is better than the Sens. It's a make or break year for him no doubt.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think Kastelic has potential to grow as a player in Boston, too. He’s 56.3% on the draw in his career, which no matter any way people want to spin it, is damn good.

He played limited minutes in Ottawa last year, played physical and chipped in despite limited minutes.

Let’s give it some time before we crucify this dude. He’s got more room to grow as a player here.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think Kastelic has potential to grow as a player in Boston, too. He’s 56.3% on the draw in his career, which no matter any way people want to spin it, is damn good.

He played limited minutes in Ottawa last year, played physical and chipped in despite limited minutes.

Let’s give it some time before we crucify this dude. He’s got more room to grow as a player here.
Produced in the WHL, produced decently in his very brief AHL stint last season. Could see him turning into a 25-30 point guy

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Why is it that Sweeneys answer to the toughness question is always a punching bag?
For me, I don’t even care, I just wish the only toughness the Bruins get is just a guy they rotate on the 4th line. Wish they had a guy in the top 9, but that’s easier said than done.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I know no one likes the Ullmark trade return, but it is what it is, and I think this guy has the makings of a potential fan favorite here. He throws borderline hits and fights frequently. Has held his own against guys like Arber Xhekaj and Barclay Goodrow. He's got New England hockey lineage too - His dad was a Whaler in the 90s, and his maternal grandfather was a Bruin in the early 60s.

Strikes me as the kind of player who could be liked a lot in Boston as long as you don't expect too much on the offensive side.

Here he is pounding Tony DeAngelo's face in (which makes me love him already) - he also dropped them with Tom Wilson last year.

The Athletic did a profile on him and his background from youth hockey in Arizona to the pros last year:

Interestingly they omit the fact that Both his father and grandfather played at some level for the Boston Bruins.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad