Value of: Marcus Johansson to the Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
It seems that there is a huge split in Capitals fans who really like Marcus Johansson and those who would not mind seeing him leave town after his contract negotiations took their latest turn. What would it take to land MoJo in Winnipeg? ... Would you be looking for an immediate return? Prospects? Draft picks? I think MoJo could be a nice fit in Winnipeg who could use some LW depth especially since when healthy they look real strong on the right side and have some useful C pieces as well. Could see Johansson locking up a top 6 spot there and cashing in on a 55 point season playing with Little and Laine.

Im not a WPG fan but id have to say that none of the big name currents are going anywhere obviously and Conner & Dano are also off list. So maybe something around Brendan Lemeiux or Joel Armia?

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
No disrespect to Johansson but we're loaded with wingers. Simply no need. Our only immediately fixable team need would be an expansion exempt LD, preferably acquired with Myers.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
what?

...so Ehlers finished last season at LW, Laine plays LW, then there's that Connor kid who also plays LW, ...

Ehlers prefers to play RW 5v5 so he can use his wrist shot off the rush more often, but still. Maybe the OP is thinking back to when our LW depth was Ladd and Kane.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
what?

...so Ehlers finished last season at LW, Laine plays LW, then there's that Connor kid who also plays LW, ...

Was under impression Laine would slot at RW behind wheel and conner is more of a natural centerman. Like I said not a WPG fan but that's the notion I got from research. Ehlers def solid LW but besides that I saw room for improvement but if Laine and Conner both play left then I see your point

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Where does Winnipeg fit him, especially if he gets around $4.5m?

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Laine - Little - Stafford
Connor - Perrault - Armia
Lowry - Matthias - Dano
Burmistrov - Copp - Kosmachuk
Lemieux - Petan - Lipon
Tanev - De Leo - Thorburn
Peluso, Howden

That's almost 8 lines of forwards that could realistically see time in the NHL this year.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Lowry - Matthias - Dano
Lemieux - Petan - Lipon
Peluso, Howden

That's almost 8 lines of forwards that could realistically see time in the NHL this year.

God damn...can you send the Penguins on of those young wingers? Please?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Jets have Perreault, Laine and Connor at LW. No room for Johansson in Winnipeg

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Lowry - Matthias - Dano
Lemieux - Petan - Lipon
Peluso, Howden

I think this sums it up. The bolded guys played in the NHL last season. And those who aren't bolded... yeah.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It seems that there is a huge split in Capitals fans who really like Marcus Johansson and those who would not mind seeing him leave town after his contract negotiations took their latest turn. What would it take to land MoJo in Winnipeg? ... Would you be looking for an immediate return? Prospects? Draft picks? I think MoJo could be a nice fit in Winnipeg who could use some LW depth especially since when healthy they look real strong on the right side and have some useful C pieces as well. Could see Johansson locking up a top 6 spot there and cashing in on a 55 point season playing with Little and Laine.

Im not a WPG fan but id have to say that none of the big name currents are going anywhere obviously and Conner & Dano are also off list. So maybe something around Brendan Lemeiux or Joel Armia?

what?

No disrespect to Johansson but we're loaded with wingers. Simply no need. Our only immediately fixable team need would be an expansion exempt LD, preferably acquired with Myers.

Yup. Try Orlov.

Orlov is exactly what the Jets need. I wonder what it would take to get him?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Orlov is a lefty, but he prefers the right side, and he's not gonna be exempt from the expansion draft.

Him being on the right side isn't a problem, provided that Trouba isn't adamant on playing on the right side. We could run something like this:

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Morrissey-Orlov

Or, if Trouba wants to be on his natural side, then I think we would go

Enstrom-Buff
Orlov-Trouba
Morrissey-Myers

IDK really. And the expansion part shouldn't be a problem. LV will face the situation of having to sacrifice picking the best player available, which would often be a defenseman, in order to have any kind of offensive firepower. Winnipeg will guaranteedly have some forwards up for grabs, such as Dano and Lowry. They might even be better than Orlov anyway, so I don't think there's any chance of Orlov being taken.

But back to the point. What would you need for him?

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Him being on the right side isn't a problem, provided that Trouba isn't adamant on playing on the right side. We could run something like this:

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Morrissey-Orlov

Or, if Trouba wants to be on his natural side, then I think we would go

Enstrom-Buff
Orlov-Trouba
Morrissey-Myers

IDK really. And the expansion part shouldn't be a problem. LV will face the situation of having to sacrifice picking the best player available, which would often be a defenseman, in order to have any kind of offensive firepower. Winnipeg will guaranteedly have some forwards up for grabs, such as Dano and Lowry. They might even be better than Orlov anyway, so I don't think there's any chance of Orlov being taken.

But back to the point. What would you need for him?

The roster's pretty much set aside from getting Johansson and Orlov signed. The only scenarios I could see would be trading him for a 3LW if they deem Johansson too expensive and trade him (but for some reason don't get a cheaper 3LW back in the trade) or for picks/prospects if they sign Johansson and then can't afford Orlov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad