Recalled/Assigned: Marco Kasper - Emergency Recall

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Really? Are you saying the Wings are a lock for a playoff spot after being completely outplayed in the first 5 games?

They've played so poorly that I'm now projecting Kasper to stay up with the club instead of getting sent back to GR. Whatever deficiencies he may have, he's still better than half the forwards if not more, and I think both Stevie and Lalonde are desperate to get into the playoffs. Mazur will probably still spend the season in GR unless there are serious injuries that takes a player out for more than a month.

Anyways, would it make you guys feel better if I said historically mediocre? LOL.

Completely, as in absolutely? How does a team win 2 of their first 5 in such a manner of absolute suckiness?

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I'm saying there has to be a cap dump in order to trade for a roster player. Not saying it's a wise move to trade at all. You gotta read the post I'm responding to.

You can totally misinterpret someone by jumping into a conversation without reading the whole thing.

Yep. Unsure why the sky is falling for so many, but a blockbuster trade isn't happening anytime soon, and not likely to occur at all.

This team was never said to be dominant in 24-25. Their goal is realistic. Gain the #8 spot in a very tough Eastern Conference. For this to occur, they will need 95-98 points. For this to occur, they need the scorers to score (Raymond, Cat, Kane, Larkin, Tarasenko), the D to tighten up and for Talbot to have a .905% or better year.

Kasper - I like his style, but he wasn't exactly a show shopper in Nashville. He isn't the savior and Lalonde was to play lock down D. I have little doubt, he believes this is best done with veteran forwards.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
What a ridiculous comment. Yeah, he's improved so much in his 2 games with GR, that's what forced Stevie to put him on the roster. Kasper hasn't changed at all in the past 2 weeks.

He looked better in preseason than he did in this game where he had a secondary assist and shot 2 ft wide of the net. Fact of the matter is, the veteran forwards suck way worse than expected. I think Tank and Kane get split up and one of them winds up on Kasper's line.

If you want to give me shit for being overly optimistic about the veteran forwards, then go for it. Optimism isn't my strong suit anyways.
So you're twisting Kasper's excellent development into a negative, got it. Man you're right, I really hope Cossa, Sandin-Pellikka, Mazur, Danielson and Brandsegg never make the Wings because that would be a really bad thing.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
What a ridiculous comment. Yeah, he's improved so much in his 2 games with GR, that's what forced Stevie to put him on the roster. Kasper hasn't changed at all in the past 2 weeks.

He looked better in preseason than he did in this game where he had a secondary assist and shot 2 ft wide of the net. Fact of the matter is, the veteran forwards suck way worse than expected. I think Tank and Kane get split up and one of them winds up on Kasper's line.

If you want to give me shit for being overly optimistic about the veteran forwards, then go for it. Optimism isn't my strong suit anyways.

You should try touching grass.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

No wonder he did look better at pre-season against AHL/borderline NHL guys. You really surprised about that?

Reactions: izlez

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
I'm setting tonight's O/U for Kasper fights at 6.5.

I'm setting the O/U for Kasper wins in fights at 0.5.

Place your bets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad