Confirmed with Link: Marchand Suspended 2 games for Slew-Foot

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Even if they did call it a penalty during the game, what would it have been? I'm guessing a minor penalty for tripping since there was no injury. So no the league is suspending players for tripping minors.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He'll get two games max. Anything more would be insane.

Whatever. I've noticed he has been being very aggressive in his checking (stick checking, "body positioning" when fighting for the puck) the last number of games. I take that as a good sign...but then again it's going to back to "old Marchy" playing on the edge and sometimes crossing it. I guess if we want our players to play with that snarl that gave them an identity and made them so good the past few years, we might have to accept the penalty minutes and occasional discipline that comes with it.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I'm sorry but complaining about Subban or Crosby, or anyone else, reminds me of a little kid getting caught stealing cookies and squealing on his brother for doing it. Sour grapes.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm sorry but complaining about Subban or Crosby, or anyone else, reminds me of a little kid getting caught stealing cookies and squealing on his brother for doing it. Sour grapes.

It's not complaining. It's an observation. Art Ross and Norris trophy winners don't get called for the same stuff that Marchand does. Not a complaint, just a fact.

Or are you saying Crosby and Subban don't slewfoot people?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
When two guys are going to boards in that manner fighting for position its hard not to do what he did.If he did not fight that way for balance he would have been going to ice .Also its not like he did what Subban does all the time and just kick feet out of unsuspecting opponent in front of net standing straight up.Heck I also have a picture of Crosby in last years playoffs slewfooting Girardi after making pass out of zone n not a word was said.I am tired of NHL picking on certain players just cause of name on jersey or crest.Alot of sookie fans from other teams making noise as well brings it more attention.Call me a homer its ok but if it was called fair and same way for all teams then perhaps my tune be different.One only has to look at powerplays Bruins get per year to figure out deck is stacked.Teams in 29th in entire league get way more .Now thats funny.By the way ,not a word about Kreider hit right ?No surprise here.haha Bruins need to keep playing rough like last 5 games in spite of NHL.

marty

Jun 30, 2007
The face of an innocent man.

marchand.jpg

But for real 2 games probably.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Watched PJ Stock yesterday talking about it and he said in a situation like that cause of way they were battling to get puck driving towards boardsThe player gets his power from the leg he used n his lats on other side.Believe it or not alot of natural movement was in that play.Try it sometime see how your body responds.Should be a fine max cause no injuries and 2 refs on ice saw no reason to even all a penalty.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Mr. Dirty was one of the MAJOR reasons we won the cup in 2011, so me, I am defending him forever.

but it was a slew foot and he deserves to get something.

:handclap: He has been playing great this season and has mostly been well behaved.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Honestly I don't think Marchand deserves any time off. Just a fine. No injury on the play.

No more dangerous than what Kreider did to Soderberg and I don't even think that deserves suspension... and I'm guessing he won't even get a freakin' hearing.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
No kidding. Remember when Ference got 3 games for this?

No history prior to this either. I knew it was ******** then, even moreso now.

I know Marchand may get around 2 games, but what grinds my gears is how Kreider goes off scott free from stopping but instead of not doing anything, shoves Soderberg anyways who goes head first into the boards.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
I see this totally different than most everyone else. It does look like a slew foot, but I see Brad clearly being off balance (watch as his right leg/skate is actually in the air when the starts to throw Brassard down. He uses his upper body to gain balance and in the process throws his man to the ice. Not only is his foot airborne (how can he slew foot if his skate isn't on the ice?) he is looking the other direction. Not to mention his team is on the penalty kill and it's later in the game and they're holding on to a lead. All things considered and no penalty on the play as well as no injury, I don't see how you can give him a lengthy suspension, aside from a reputation call of course. I believe his intentions were to stay on his skates and take his man down. I don't see it as an attempt to slew foot or injure.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He got 2 games but Kreider not so much as fineSo kick a guys feet your cooked but drive a Bruin head first to boards ok.pffft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad