GDT: March 11: Oilers @ Leafs 5 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Well if Campbell is starting, and Joanette and Lee are officiating that is the perfect crapfecta. Kind of glad I'm busy. As Guymez says, Woody is overthinking this again.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If Woody starts Campbell tonight I really dunno what to say. I mean yeah there’s the off chance he might have a good game but I don’t think you can take that risk right now.

Skinner is starting.

Chris Lee and Marc Joanette are the officials tonight

NHL has clearly telegraphed who they want to win.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
For the love of god, just shoot. any chance you get.

I know the team has been pretty solid in the overall shots department, but watching the games, there are still so many instances of overpassing leading to nothing or lesser chances than you might have by just getting a puck on the net.

Should be a fun game.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
For the love of god, just shoot. any chance you get.

I know the team has been pretty solid in the overall shots department, but watching the games, there are still so many instances of overpassing leading to nothing or lesser chances than you might have by just getting a puck on the net.

Should be a fun game.
I get what you are saying but on the flip side Calgary just throws everything at the net and look how that has worked for them.

The Oilers sometimes overpass for sure but their passing also leads to some almost unstoppable goals.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I get what you are saying but on the flip side Calgary just throws everything at the net and look how that has worked for them.

The Oilers sometimes overpass for sure but their passing also leads to some almost unstoppable goals.
The ones that bother me are the shots you would have from the slot. In general you should take those.

I’m not keen on upping our shots to just shoot from the half boards lol

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I really wish the media would get over the “what’s it like to come home” angle. I know sports media is a simple and it’s hard to be unique. But good god zzzzzzzzzzz
Totally agree.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I like Chris but tonight is going to be a leaf wank fest.
Chris is pretty decent at being neutral. I just enjoy that fact that (unlike Jack) he actually prioritizes the PbP.

I am just so tired of Jacks act....talk endlessly during the play (which subtracts from the game) and then trying to make up for it by attempting to make the cut aways (to commercial) exciting.
Its lame.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Chris is pretty decent at being neutral. I just enjoy that fact that (unlike Jack) he actually prioritizes the PbP.

I am just so tired of Jacks act....talk endlessly during the play (which subtracts from the game) and then trying to make up for it by attempting to make the cut aways (to commercial) exciting.
Its lame.

What I wouldn't give to have 2000's era Jim Hughson back.

Didn't like him as much after he became the Leafs' full-time guy...but his calls from the Oilers-Sharks 2006 series still give me goosebumps. The call of Sergei Samsonov's game-tying goal in Game 4 is one of my all-time favorites (1:53).

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Chris Lee and Marc Joanette are the officials tonight
drinking-beer.gif

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Devastating day, an and W didn’t have the whistle dog anymore. Had to sell for aDevastating day, an and W didn’t have the whistle dog anymore. Had to sell for a teen burger combo.

Go oil

• Haha
Reactions: elmeroil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad