• Should be to be fired

• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Marc Bergevin is very toxic in Montreal right now.

Eller
DSP
Sergachev
Subban

Contracts given by on
Shaw
Price
Plekanec

Schlemko

Everything that could go bad has gone bad.

Bergevin is like a cancer and we need to cut it out and stop the bleeding. The recovery period hasn’t started yet.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I continue to suspect that Bergevin is MINO (Manager in name only) at this point.

It must be Molson or somebody else who got him to hire people that he would never otherwise hire.

Once his contract is up, a new manager will be brought in to convert those picks and prospects into a champion.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Marc Bergevin is very toxic in Montreal right now.

Eller
DSP
Sergachev
Subban

Contracts given by on
Shaw
Price
Plekanec

Schlemko

Everything that could go bad has gone bad.

Bergevin is like a cancer and we need to cut it out and stop the bleeding. The recovery period hasn’t started yet.

Have any of the dim journalists at either RDS or Le Journal commented on Eller, DSP, Subban, and Sergachev?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I continue to suspect that Bergevin is MINO (Manager in name only) at this point.

It must be Molson or somebody else who got him to hire people that he would never otherwise hire.

Once his contract is up, a new manager will be brought in to convert those picks and prospects into a champion.

I have been emitting the same opinion ever since several of his cronies have been dumped and replaced by individuals who are not of the same ilk. However, we've only really had two such new incoming staff. The ledger is fan-friendly from the standpoint of the number of cronies having been jettisoned, not in the number of new faces.

And nothing's yet been done about Pro and Amateur Scouting, so until that happens, we don't really know if the progress from hiring Bouchard and Ducharme, will be continued.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MB apologists defense for a long time was how MB was really good at adding depth and quality bottom 6 players

Quite funny how our ex depth and quality bottom 6 players contributed in that game 5 win for the Caps :laugh:

They never indicated if the depth he was adding, was for the Habs. :sarcasm:

Reactions: groovejuice

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
What we got for Eller is still deemed good... however what the management did since then s****
If you want to get picks, Washington should never be a first choice because they were and still are a lock for making the playoffs every time. And also evaluate just how well your own player can improve their team. Pollock was good identifying the garbage teams to get picks from. Bergevin helped make a Stanley Cup Champion instead, and said traded player made a significant impact in making the 2nd round pick be the last in the 2nd round.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Nice avatar Groove -- kudos for giving Bourdain prominence. I'm still shaken, he meant so much to so many people. I can't stop thinking about it.

Thanks R77. I was gutted when I saw the news this morning. Bourdain was a special man and a delight to read, to watch and to learn from. I thought a small, personal tribute was in order.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
To be kind of fair. DSP actually sort of vindicates Bergevin for seeing "something" in him. But DSP might have been too "unsuitable" for the "karakter" ideal they thought he had and thus got demoted fast.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
sweetchin3.gif

A lil Sweet Chin Music is all that Marc Garbagebin needs...

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
To be kind of fair. DSP actually sort of vindicates Bergevin for seeing "something" in him. But DSP might have been too "unsuitable" for the "karakter" ideal they thought he had and thus got demoted fast.
They deliberately decided to purge the Subban clique and DSP was one of those.

Funnily enough, whilst he has personally got it together and is a better player in Washington than the Habs, the environment of the Capitals allows people to be themselves, and he’s benefited. He said the Habs were very old school, and it shows.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
They deliberately decided to purge the Subban clique and DSP was one of those.

Funnily enough, whilst he has personally got it together and is a better player in Washington than the Habs, the environment of the Capitals allows people to be themselves, and he’s benefited. He said the Habs were very old school, and it shows.
Therrien and Bergevin are a special brand of old school. One that values bad play. At least a Tortorella can instill a real solid work ethic into many player and Jacques Martin was a defensive wizard with some cerebral edge. Therrien actually says grind the puck to the players with cameras rolling like a f***ing simpleton.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lol. Yep.

Grit Attitoode CHaracter

Takes too long to write those words out and GAC sounds about how I now feel when I hear any of those words. It's a cringy acronym to me.

I see that you're continuing with your coined spelling of attitoode, lol. Keep up the good fight. :wg:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't blame Bergevin for moving DSP and Eller. I wasn't for it, I wasn't really against it. They are depth players. As I previously stated, there is a habit in NHL, league wide, to just recycle depth bottom players. Teams rarely keep those guys around for more than a few years.
I don't really know why, it's pretty pointless and silly to just keep changing perfectly fine bottom liners.
Trading DSP for Matteau....was just pointless. Eller for 2 picks, only to move 2 picks to bring in Shaw...pointless.
Halpern vs Neiko vs Moore vs Maholtra....just pointless really.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
MB apologists defense for a long time was how MB was really good at adding depth and quality bottom 6 players

Quite funny how our ex depth and quality bottom 6 players contributed in that game 5 win for the Caps :laugh:
Rewatching the game it sure was a thrill to see Eller score the winning goal and DSP the tying goal. Eller was fantastic in that game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad