Marc Bergevin: Draft 2020 (XVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Or, given McGuire's obsession with prospects (borderline creepy, but hey), and decent knowledge about them, he could take Timmins place instead. Cause if MB is gone after 9 years, Timmins needs to gtfo too, after nearly 20 years...

Now I'm not saying I think McGuire is THE guy to manage drafts, just think if he was to be employed, that's pretty much the only place I'd see him.
Timmins and his group of clowns need to be held accountable.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Weber Chiarot tandem is also not going to get us anywhere. In what world has Chiarot ever been a top pairing D?
The standards have been so low, for so long.............a guy like MB has zero clues on what he is trying to do...
We seem to be deserving of what we get, when you do not hire the Best Man for the job, over and over....
Mol$on is our issue folks...

We are all seeing the past creep into our current season, and out comes the negativity..........that being said like it has already been said, this is our best team in years, and I do think they rebound from this, and MB seems like he is willing to make a win now type of deal, or deals....

Reactions: hvac412

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The standards have been so low, for so long.............a guy like MB has zero clues on what he is trying to do...
We seem to be deserving of what we get, when you do not hire the Best Man for the job, over and over....

We are all seeing the past creep into our current season, and out comes the negativity..........that being said like it has already been said, this is our best team in years, and I do think they rebound from this, and MB seems like he is willing to make a win now type of deal, or deals....
MB has not proven anything when it comes to vision and longterm thinking.
He shoots from the hip and throws crap at the wall to see what sticks.

Hope is not a strategy.

Habs are in trouble and I don't see them in the top 4 three games from now and they will miss the playoffs.

Simply not talented enough.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
MB has not proven anything when it comes to vision and longterm thinking.
He shoots from the hip and throws crap at the wall to see what sticks.

Hope is not a strategy.

Habs are in trouble and I don't see them in the top 4 three games from now and they will miss the playoffs.

Simply not talented enough.
Could happen.......if it does, he HAS to be removed.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The Bergevin era is over in 2 months
You underestimate how stupid Molson is.

He simply does not have the mindset to run a franchise.

He may great at building condos but we have seen the utter mess from day 1 when it comes to this team. We had the best goalie on the planet and we could not surround him with a decent enough team to win.

Reactions: Zorba

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I will enjoy hockey because there are other teams that are entertaining.

I have been a fan for over 50 years and now I am more of a hockey fan than I am of being a Habs fan.

Tired of watching the same song and dance year after year.

Last 100 point producer was 35 years ago. Last 50 goal scorer was over 30 years ago.

There is not one player on this current roster that excites.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013

well said,was listening to ducharme on the pre game show and almost fell asleep ,guess it had the same effect on the team.out coached ,out classed and once again they are the laughing stock of the nhl,well done again molson :deadhorse

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Timmins and his group of clowns need to be held accountable.
David Fischer over Claude Giroux, Brady Vail over Josh Anderson, Ben Maxwell over Milan Lucic, Jarred Tinordi over E. Kuznetsov, the list is long.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Great minds don't get carried away by the meaningless short-term fluctuations. The masterplan is underway, falling into place like a divine work of art.

Short term fluctuations? Where? They've been sucking donkey balls for half a decade and it hasn't changed this year, despite a worst division where we play all of our games.

Forget great minds, even the average mind can actually understand the difference between a true masterplan and the abject failures that led us where we are, whether through hiring practices, drafting or selling players like Pacioretty. Bergevin is the anti-thesis of a planning manager.

Anyway, fine by me if you like the kool-aid, good on you.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

He may great at building condos but we have seen the utter mess from day 1 when it comes to this team. We had the best goalie on the planet and we could not surround him with a decent enough team to win.

At the same time, haven't heard or read anything about Molson in quite a while, maybe I just didn't look at the right places, eerily reminds me of the end of the Gauthier-Gainey era. What Waite said after he was fired, that Bergevin came to him and told him Price had to get back on track, that the team had to get back on track otherwise he'd lose his job, that was more about Bergevin than Waite.

Pure, uneducated 'feeling', but I really think Molson will clean the organization sooner than we think, and that right now Bergevin has his hands tied.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Short term fluctuations? Where? They've been sucking donkey balls for half a decade and it hasn't changed this year, despite a worst division where we play all of our games.

Forget great minds, even the average mind can actually understand the difference between a true masterplan and the abject failures that led us where we are, whether through drafting or selling players like Pacioretty. Bergevin is the anti-thesis of a planning manager.

The grand plan of shitting on Markov and Radulov was a douzy.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
At the same time, haven't heard or read anything about Molson in quite a while, maybe I just didn't look at the right places, eerily reminds me of the end of the Gauthier-Gainey era. What Waite said after he was fired, that Bergevin came to him and told him Price had to get back on track, that the team had to get back on track otherwise he'd lose his job, that was more about Bergevin than Waite.

Pure, uneducated 'feeling', but I really think Molson will clean the organization sooner than we think, and that right now Bergevin has his hands tied.
I hope so, this comedy routine has gone on long enough.

Slew Foots

Everything is OK
Sep 6, 2006
I agree with everything except parts of the goaltending. Up until this year Price provided that elite goaltending on a consistent basis. The numbers weren't always there but goalie numbers are always a mixed bag.

We are spending way too much on it. And concerns about Price's future performance are valid but there are still goalies out there that are worth big contracts even in a cap world.

Do you have data to support this claim? Carey Price has been solid, but in what way was he "elite on a consistent basis"? His save percentage from the 3 seasons before this one: .909, .918, and .900. In what way did paying 10.5M on a goalie give the Habs consistent outperformance based on these data points? You can't just say "numbers weren't always there". Facts matter. Unfortunately, we live in a narrative-driven age, not a fact-based one. Narrative-driven thinking is epitomized by a GM like Bergevin.

Anyway, my point about goaltending isn't about Carey Price. I think he's a very good goalie. I just think good goaltending isn't as hard to find as it used to be 10 or 20 years ago. You can buy good goaltending for 5M/year. Jake Allen is a good goalie. And it's unreasonable to expect any goalie to consistently outperform the median performance level in today's game since the position has improved by leaps and bounds. It's difficult to estimate, but a healthy portion of stats like "save percentage" are actually partially team defensive stats vs. an isolated goaltending metric.

Reactions: Chili and CrAzYNiNe

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

Forget great minds, even the average mind can actually understand the difference between a true masterplan and the abject failures that led us where we are, whether through hiring practices, drafting or selling players like Pacioretty. Bergevin is the anti-thesis of a planning manager.

Making the playoffs could technically be considered a short term fluctuation.

Perhaps BenchBrawl views team success as old hat; rather, it's all about building one of the last teams to get eliminated from playoff contention, year after year. This pattern is THE sign of avant-gardist genius us lesser intellects simply cannot even begin to comprehend.

Anyone can try to build a cup winning team, anyone can bottom out and tank, but to continuously hit that sweet spot of je ne sais quoi (literally in this case) is where the high art of team building truly lies in 2021.

Last edited:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

I’m gonna give Molson the benefit is the doubt right now. I truly believe Bergevin is gone if this team doesn’t win a round of playoffs. Making them won’t be enough. Weber, price and Petry are aging Out window is not opening, it’s never been open under Bergevin. Molson has to move on from Bergevin.

Reactions: Tyson

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I will enjoy hockey because there are other teams that are entertaining.

I have been a fan for over 50 years and now I am more of a hockey fan than I am of being a Habs fan.

Tired of watching the same song and dance year after year.

Last 100 point producer was 35 years ago. Last 50 goal scorer was over 30 years ago.

There is not one player on this current roster that excites.

I still can’t believe Alex Kovalev is the only PPG player we’ve had in decades. And even he just barely scraped by to do it in one season. Yeah, we’ve had some fun performances from goalies like Theodore, Halak and Price and had some good defenseman in Markov, Subban, and Weber over the years but it would be so exciting to see a superstar forward. It’s starting to feel like a curse that we just can’t seem to find a single one.

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I still can’t believe Alex Kovalev is the only PPG player we’ve had in decades. And even he just barely scraped by to do it in one season. Yeah, we’ve had some fun performances from goalies like Theodore, Halak and Price and had some good defenseman in Markov, Subban, and Weber over the years but it would be so exciting to see a superstar forward. It’s starting to feel like a curse that we just can’t seem to find a single one.

Point per game players are the hardest to find.

We have a head scout that is good at finding D's but not forwards with offensive flair.

Reactions: Tyson and salbutera

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
The Habs have become a joke. It affects our current players mindset and it affects the mindset of free agents and other teams playing us. We can thank the clown Bozovin in large part for this and his bromance partner molson. If Timmons is crap or coaching is crap, that's on bozovin for not fixing it. He's not a GM, he's a GYM. He plays Xbox and makes trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad