GDT: Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins 7 PM CBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Some people are just ridiculous.

How on earth is that Bernier's fault??!!

That was all Marincin, Bernier played a hell of a game. At this point some people just blame him for everything

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
right? what if he wore it, and fell and hurt his head?
or got a puck on the head?

Healy needs to shut up.

What if it was game 7? Sometimes you gotta just do it. Mari is a trashy D no idea how he plays over the Marlies

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
The funniest part of that marchand goal was hnic blaming Rielly on the bench for a Bernier/Marincin miscommunication. What a joke :laugh:

Yah it's Reilly's fault cause he wasn't on the ice to prevent that. Apparently none of our other D can be trusted ..

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
Um you would expect your defensman to not pass it straight up the middle :laugh::laugh::laugh:

People just looking for reasons to blame Bernier at this point.

Well look who you're quoting lol.

Hilarious game though, both teams were playing to lose.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
How on earth do people blame that on Bernier?

Less than a minute left in the game, comes out of his net, gets in the way of his own D that takes his sweet frikking time to get back in net.

The guy is a dunce & plays with his head in the clouds.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Re-watched the goal. Marincin is more of an idiot on that play than Bernier. Yeah bud, just throw it blindly up the boards. That'll turn out well.

true. but Bernier for a while for me - isn't strong with his puck play, maybe it would have behooved him to just stay in the net?

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
How can Maracin play in front of Corrado, Percy or Loov. And as a person with a giant head it's not easy finding a helmet.

I was pumped about him I really was but I dunno how he is ahead of Corrado atm... I mean we must be missing something HUGE in the practices to have Babs let him play constantly...or our worst case dream has come true and Marcincin is Bab's Johnny Malkin.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Um you would expect your defensman to not pass it straight up the middle :laugh::laugh::laugh:

People just looking for reasons to blame Bernier at this point.

Yeah it's not totally on Bernier but to say he's absolved of any responsibility for the goal is a joke.

Stay in your net. It's not that hard. He's not great at handling the puck behind the net anyway. There was really no reason to play the puck in that instance. You have both your Dmen arriving anyway from each side. It's a tie game late in the game. Why not play conservative, let you d handle it and get the point?

The giveaway was ugly but jeez, it's completely fine to blame the goalie. If Reimer did that, he's to be blamed as well.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
What if it was game 7? Sometimes you gotta just do it. Mari is a trashy D no idea how he plays over the Marlies

It wasn't.

I'm sure if the stakes were that high Rielly would've taken Corrado's helmet and been back over the boards in no time. As it stands, this really was an inconsequential game in the grand scheme of things.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Less than a minute left in the game, comes out of his net, gets in the way of his own D that takes his sweet frikking time to get back in net.

The guy is a dunce & plays with his head in the clouds.

He made a routine play. Jeez.

He could make the same play in the same situation a thousand times over without it being a problem.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
true. but Bernier for a while for me - isn't strong with his puck play, maybe it would have behooved him to just stay in the net?

Yeah, i agree that marincin is an idiot with that play, but bernier has to be more aware as to when to come out of the net, especially to go behind his net. There where two leafs and a bruin there, thats just too risky. There's no need for it.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Why the funk is Marini on this team. Someone explain to me how a guy couldn't cut in DC starved Edmonton but we think he is NHL worthy.

Tank or no tank guys like this should not be around this team. Give his minutes to Harrington, Corrado, Percy, Loov anyone who needs to get NHL minutes

Took me a while to realize you were talking about Marincin.

He's better than he looks. Very good positioning and use of his reach to affect the play, though not as flashy as the big hits type of defenseman. Certainly not a top 4, but a decent #6 or passable #5 is pretty reasonable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad