Maple Leafs name Auston Matthews captain

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
When JT signed in Toronto, all Leafs fans thought they would win cupS and when I say cupS I mean plural
Not all, but some. Some fans were against the signing from the beginning. Some fans still think the Leafs will win multiple Cups.

Reactions: Voight

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
BS. So should Landeskog be stripped of the captaincy because of the evolution of Mackinnon?

This doesn’t happen to great leaders no matter the skill levels. It’s also not like Tavares play on ice is subpar. Hes still a top6 player. This is solely based on leadership.

Tavares has a year left on his contract. To do this a year before he leaves speaks volumes.
Dear John ...

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Awesome, it's about time. JT is a great guy and all but he just doesn't have that influence

How the hell would you know?

But yeah, brilliant decision to give the captaincy to a guy who has never been the captain on any team he has played for at any level, and who has proven that personal accomplishments matter more to him than overall team success.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
As a leaf fan this team is such a disaster. They are a joke and it’s going to take some time to build up a better image as a quality organization

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I'm not a huge fan of harassing women at night, so Auston isn't my cup of tea. Not judging anyone who is a fan of that though!

Mar 26, 2010
He should start his captaincy tenure with a team dress code that includes the latest in purses, earrings, and dumb looking hats.
How about the best goal scorer in the NHL, no one is even close. How about that tenure.

• Haha
Reactions: dukeofjive

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
How about the best goal scorer in the NHL, no one is even close. How about that tenure.

A few players are close.

He’ll score many goals while having the most fab purse and earrings on the market I’m sure.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
So many NHL teams are run like garbage and filled to the brim with low IQ fools.

This mistake has been done numerous times. Scoring the most goals and/or points does not a leader make. How anyone in that organization can look at Matthews and feel he is leader shouldn't be in the position of making decisions anymore.

The only benefit of this move is for fans of other teams who enjoy crapping on Toronto. In other words, everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad