GDT: Maple Leafs @ Oilers || 8PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
This lack of passion from Matthews is really disconcerting. He looks like he’s skating in mud. He has to have some underlying issue we’re not aware of. Cause if that’s not the case and he plays like this in the playoffs, I’m afraid he’ll never be that guy that can carry a team. If that’s the case, and we lose in the first round, then he should be the one to go this summer.
He’s been hurt all season.

Altair

Dec 10, 2019
This lack of passion from Matthews is really disconcerting. He looks like he’s skating in mud. He has to have some underlying issue we’re not aware of. Cause if that’s not the case and he plays like this in the playoffs, I’m afraid he’ll never be that guy that can carry a team. If that’s the case, and we lose in the first round, then he should be the one to go this summer.
Yeah it's more than clear for months now that Matthews has something going on behind the scenes.. he really has been off. Has his moments, but they are short lived this year

Reactions: HolyCrap

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
This dumb coach takes JT and O'Reilly who are very similar in their strengths and weaknesses(slow and more about grinding along the wall) and thinks it's a very good idea to play them together...To make matters worse, he then adds one of the forwards that has never been great at defensive awareness(sure once in awhile steals a puck but lots of floating too) in Nylander to that line...What happens? The other team is constantly putting on a clinic out there and making them just stand there(well yes because they can't f***ing skate to begin with)..Jesus Christ...

Also, i'm sorry but what exactly is Bunting doing on that 1st line? He's supposed to be the Hyman type player and yet i rarely see him win any board battles(i'm talking this season not this game).....Why isn't Matthews looking better? Well perhaps either get someone that can get him the puck by winning those battles(like Hyman did) or get him another playmaker(because Bunting doesn't do that either). Bunting is decent but he should be way lower in the lineup.

Then on the back end he puts HOLL higher up.....hahahah...He's ok as a PK guy but that's about it...

The lines are all wrong and so it's not any surprise they look terrible(and this will continue especially against better teams that can skate).

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Some of the posters here are out to lunch.

This is ONE game and the Leafs just brought in a ton of new players. They're playing a pissed off McDavid that lost to Boston the other night. They're also on a pretty long road trip. Let's just wait a couple games before we start going nuts.

With that said I would love to see Holl shot out of a ****ing cannon

Reactions: Fonzieleaf

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
This dumb coach takes JT and O'Reilly who are very similar in their strengths and weaknesses(slow and more about grinding along the wall) and thinks it's a very good idea to play them together...To make matters worse, he then adds one of the forwards that has never been great at defensive awareness(sure once in awhile steals a puck but lots of floating too) in Nylander to that line...What happens? The other team is constantly putting on a clinic out there and making them just stand there(well yes because they can't f***ing skate to begin with)..Jesus Christ...

Also, i'm sorry but what exactly is Bunting doing on that 1st line? He's supposed to be the Hyman type player and yet i rarely see him win any board battles(i'm talking this season not this game).....Why isn't Matthews looking better? Well perhaps either get someone that can get him the puck by winning those battles(like Hyman did) or get him another playmaker(because Bunting doesn't do that either). Bunting is decent but he should be way lower in the lineup.

Then on the back end he puts HOLL higher up.....hahahah...He's ok as a PK guy but that's about it...

The lines are all wrong and so it's not any surprise they look terrible(and this will continue especially against better teams that can skate).
Would you believe me if I told you we hired him without interviewing a single other coach?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

He’s so bad out there. If he’s hurt, he’s not contributing and it’s gotten to the point where he needs more IR time to get right for the playoffs. If this isn’t injury related, we got ourselves a problem.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
At least the honeymoon phase of these deadline moves wasn't long.. nice reality check that the team has a lot of work to do before they think they can beat Tampa or Boston in a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad