Maple Leafs hire Craig Berube as head coach, Lane Lambert as associate coach and Marc Savard as assistant coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The more I think about this hire, the more I’m convinced it’s going to be a trash fire.

Berube is going to try to change the core 4 into something they are not, they don’t have it in their DNA. The core 4’s production will drop as they try to play the 200 ft grit game that Berube demands.

Combine that with a shoddy D-core and no goaltending. And Trelivings inability to build a team. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see the Leaf’s miss the playoffs altogether.

• Haha
Reactions: NylanderBros

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
How is goaltending an issue. Woll is the future in Toronto he has proved that the last 2 playoff

You mean the guy who has never played more than 32 games in a season as a pro, and who simply cannot stay healthy? Yeah, we're real set in goal :rolleyes:

The more I think about this hire, the more I’m convinced it’s going to be a trash fire.

Berube is going to try to change the core 4 into something they are not, they don’t have it in their DNA. The core 4’s production will drop as they try to play the 200 ft grit game that Berube demands.

Combine that with a shoddy D-core and no goaltending. And Trelivings inability to build a team. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see the Leaf’s miss the playoffs altogether.

:rolleyes:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

My guy they have played the 200 foot game for years. Matthews literally was a Selke finalist doing that. Leading the league in blocked shots for forwards several years in a row. Marner was a Selke finalist last season.

The Leafs issue has been they have their cap built like they are an offensive rush team, but they are implementing systems and depth players like they are a grind it out team which makes no sense.

They are trying to eliminate teams winning 2-1 when their cheapest roster positions are goalie and defense and asking the forwards to not take any risks. That is why change is needed, they need to decide if they want to outgun teams then add those pieces to the backend. If they want to grind it out 2-1 then move some cap to goaltending and other areas that help do that

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Youre still thinking about the Leafs coaching change 3 weeks later when youre not even a fan of them?

:help:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

There will be 100% a restructuring to this roster. Whether it’s this year if someone waives (Marner) or next when both Marner and JT expire. I don’t think there will be same core 4 beyond the 2024-25 season anyway.

Reactions: Craft Beer Lover

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021

Better that than to keep being fodder for real teams once the playoffs start. They have to try to turn the team around. There is risk involved, doesn't mean they shouldn't try.

Florida almost missed the playoffs after the Tkachuk trade trying to gel with the Paul Maurice system. They made the playoffs on the last game and never looked back.

Toronto has to try the same type of turnaround. If it fails, so be it. They can blow it up and rebuild.

Reactions: Jmo89

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
When your own fanbase is calling you out for absolute lunatic quality posts, it’s maybe time to put down the keyboard.

You could poll 1000 Leaf fans, 500 would say a player is a potential GOAt the other half will say they are AHLers.

I don't put a lot of stock into the scouting of most fans tbh. But I also don't care what you believe, think what you want

Reactions: rojac and Lilou

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You could poll 1000 Leaf fans, 500 would say a player is a potential GOAt the other half will say they are AHLers.

I don't put a lot of stock into the scouting of most fans tbh. But I also don't care what you believe, think what you want
But you put a ton of stock In your own scouting eh?

That same scouting that had edmonton failing many rounds ago?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad