Proposal: Maple Leafs Futures Package

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
If the Leafs can retain Johnsson and Kapanen, I believe Bracco should be readily available, as he will be blocked out of our Top 9 for the foreseeable future.

My Question: Which right-handed defenseman could a package of Jeremy Bracco, Eemeli Rasanen, and a 2021 1st return?

I want serious answers to this. I realize that this package is not going to return an upper-echelon D, but I see no reason why it can't bring in a very capable Top 4 guy. Bracco is one of the best U22 forwards in the AHL, Rasanen is a project D prospect with some good tools (2017 2nd rounder), and a 1st is a 1st. This package is not quite as good as what Muzzin received, but is not all that far off.

Who could this package bring in?

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Leaf fans have been begging to trade Bracco for a long time. No one is buying into the BS that he's a top 9 on every other team. You are offering a 1st and spare parts. Good luck.
No wise Leaf fan has been begging to trade Bracco. He is a PPG AHLer in his sophomore year and is among the league lead in assists. The upside is undeniable.

Matthews
Tavares
Marner
Nylander
Kadri
Kapanen
Johnsson
Hyman
Moore
(Still currently have Marleau and Brown)

I hope you can see why it might be difficult to fit him into our Top 9.

Reactions: zaqq

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
No wise Leaf fan has been begging to trade Bracco. He is a PPG AHLer in his sophomore year and is among the league lead in assists. The upside is undeniable.

Matthews
Tavares
Marner
Nylander
Kadri
Kapanen
Johnsson
Hyman
Moore
(Still currently have Marleau and Brown)

I hope you can see why it might be difficult to fit him into our Top 9.
Not denying the Leafs forward talent.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Lol. Carr is putting up .42ppg more and he's never shown to be full Time NHL talent. Just because a player scores in the A doesn't mean he will score in the NHL. Let's see how this thread plays out homer. When all the other fans start offering you their quality players you can call me wrong. The 1st in 3 years from now is what everyone is coming for. No one cares about Bracco.
A first is a first, man. This years is gone, but a first holds value regardless. The prospects in the deal are very comparable in value to Grundstrom and Durzi (but you know nothing about prospects clearly, so that doesn't mean too much to you apparently). A 1st, Grundstrom, Durzi landed us Jake Muzzin, a non-rental Top 4 D. I think this package is just fine.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
i love how the 1st rounder, as low as they will be with the Leafs now winning, is always a year or 2 away ! you want the good player and are willing to give up previous years shiny new toys but not the next 2 years new toys? kinda want the whole cake and not just a piece of it hey? ;)
Our 2019 1st is gone and I was trying to avoid trading it in back-to-back years, but it's not too big of a deal.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Our 2019 1st is gone and I was trying to avoid trading it in back-to-back years, but it's not too big of a deal.

right and i forgot the Leafs traded this years 1st already, my bad ! but hey, the Leafs are loaded with talent so i wouldn't worry too much if next years 1st went as well for someone who could contribute to a cup victory ! the Leafs very much should be in a win now mode !

Reactions: Duke16

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
i love how the 1st rounder, as low as they will be with the Leafs now winning, is always a year or 2 away ! you want the good player and are willing to give up previous years shiny new toys but not the next 2 years new toys? kinda want the whole cake and not just a piece of it hey? ;)
Delete

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
A right handed Muzzin I guess? not sure there's really a fit out there for that package though. Hard to make another move without taking from the NHL roster as well (bonus overage could cost next year us if we add too much salary this year).

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
A first is a first, man. This years is gone, but a first holds value regardless. The prospects in the deal are very comparable in value to Grundstrom and Durzi (but you know nothing about prospects clearly, so that doesn't mean too much to you apparently). A 1st, Grundstrom, Durzi landed us Jake Muzzin, a non-rental Top 4 D. I think this package is just fine.
Good luck. If Bracco is so good just keep him and trade an NHL top 9 if you think Bracco will just slide in seamlessly.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
Leaf fans have been begging to trade Bracco for a long time. No one is buying into the BS that he's a top 9 on every other team. You are offering a 1st and spare parts. Good luck.
Like clock work... This guy finds a leaf/any thread, post nothing that has to do with thread, then insults the player in question, insults the op, universally disses all leaf fans like we are one entity.
But that's not enough, he then continue to hijack the thread with no rhyme or reason, just to be a punk to posters who are there to discuss op post.

What I say bro, this is what you do, your childish shtick, saw it from miles away and called you on it. Now you just proving me right, not even an hour later bro lol. You be that type of poster, come on man like your ass be weak..

Dude be saying he here to talk hockey... right... Yeah we all see that. Come on bro your a clown and u know it, but hey like I said u do u

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Spurgeon might be a good fit with Fenton been given the “green light”. Would have to be a better return than this though.

Reactions: Mork

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
A first is a first, man.
It's not.
If you trade during the season a player with term for a pick. He doesn't have full impact on the final standing of his new team and the value of the pick. A pick the following year might be lower because of the contribution of the traded player. In general, a pick in the future has less value than pick in the present.
In case of Toronto, with a young roster with a lot of potential, you don't bet on them becoming worse in the near future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad