Maple Leafs announce Oreo as new helmet sponsor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'm pretty sure the ones obsessing over the Leafs don't act like they don't care lol they're actually more annoying than most. With that many fans comes that many annoying fans lol. They're much better in person I find... especially 1 on 1.
I mean there are so many people here that claim to hate the Leafs and all the attention the Leafs get and then can't stop obsessing over irrelevant news like this. This thread was started by a Habs fan lol.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I mean there are so many people here that claim to hate the Leafs and all the attention the Leafs get and then can't stop obsessing over irrelevant news like this. This thread was started by a Habs fan lol.

I never said a leaf fans started it. I'm asking why is this in NHL thread?

Should the San Jose Sharks getting a new away jersey sponsor have that new posted on the main boards? What about Seattle's home jersey?

Should we have 64 threads about advertising on a helmet or jersey?

My complaint has nothing to do with the Leafs and everything to do with the subject, so no need to get defensive if you're trying to defend the great glory of the maple leafs.

You seem to be focusing on the Leafs aspect when the issue is the relevance to the NHL as a whole aspect. It's much more of a team specific news than NHL news...

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Should the San Jose Sharks getting a new away jersey sponsor have that new posted on the main boards? What about Seattle's home jersey?

My complaint has nothing to do with the Leafs and everything to do with the subject, so no need to get defensive if you're trying to defend the great glory of the maple leafs.

You seem to be focusing on the Leafs aspect when the issue is the relevance to the NHL as a whole aspect. It's much more of a team specific news than NHL news...
I think we're arguing the same thing. I said that it's a thread and people are talking about it because it's the Leafs. As you said, most other teams do not have a thread about their helmet sponsor. I'm not defensive at all and I didn't think you were attacking the Leafs lol, sounds like you are just misinterpreting my post.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

The time it took you write this is infinitely longer than the millisecond it would have taken to process the thread title and choose to not open it.

Or is this all about pimping the jeck5 brand?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I think we're arguing the same thing. I said that it's a thread and people are talking about it because it's the Leafs. As you said, most other teams do not have a thread about their helmet sponsor. I'm not defensive at all and I didn't think you were attacking the Leafs lol, sounds like you are just misinterpreting my post.

Ah fair enough haha my bad!

As much as I understand the Leafs have the biggest fanbase, so you can post anything on the main boards and it will get involvement. You could make a thread about Morgan Rielly changing companies or colours for "clear tape"(is it clear tape if it's coloured?) and it would have 8 pages.

I guess it's more of a mods decision if this is more "team specific" or "general NHL news" and maybe they've decided it's entirely based on if it gets replies and not based on subject matter...in which case i would be wrong and apologize and carry on, I'll walk myself out.

Butttt I feel like perhaps it's just a case of mods sleeping at the wheel and not caring lol

The time it took you write this is infinitely longer than the millisecond it would have taken to process the thread title and choose to not open it.

Or is this all about pimping the jeck5 brand?

It's not about my time. It's about proper organization.

Who's jeck5?

It would have taken you less time to look up my username properly than it would to write your message.

Or is this all about pimping the daver brand?

Reactions: Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Ah fair enough haha my bad!

As much as I understand the Leafs have the biggest fanbase, so you can post anything on the main boards and it will get involvement. You could make a thread about Morgan Rielly changing companies or colours for "clear tape"(is it clear tape if it's coloured?) and it would have 8 pages.
All good!

Yeah haha you would probably be right with that scenario. Like I said, the Leafs have the biggest fanbase here so naturally will have the most posters, but also a ton of non-Leafs fans that love talking about the Leafs despite acting like they don't want to hear it.

Reactions: jbeck5

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
All good!

Yeah haha you would probably be right with that scenario. Like I said, the Leafs have the biggest fanbase here so naturally will have the most posters, but also a ton of non-Leafs fans that love talking about the Leafs despite acting like they don't want to hear it.

I think we call those trolls.

I don't get it. I see sens fans posting in Habs or Leafs topics, Leafs or habs fans talking in sens topics, etc...just to shit on the team lol

There hasn't been a rivalry in 15 years between Toronto and Ottawa and 10 years between Ottawa and Montreal.

I don't remember the last time Toronto and Montreal had a playoff game.

I don't get fans who hate other teams...there aren't hateful rivalries anymore.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think we call those trolls.

I don't get it. I see sens fans posting in Habs or Leafs topics, Leafs or habs fans talking in sens topics, etc...just to shit on the team lol

There hasn't been a rivalry in 15 years between Toronto and Ottawa and 10 years between Ottawa and Montreal.

I don't remember the last time Toronto and Montreal had a playoff game.

I don't get fans who hate other teams...there aren't hateful rivalries anymore.

You don't remember 2021? It's ok, I don't want to remember it either.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Ahh good old HF boards, not enough shitting on Leafs threads so let's make something about the most trivial nothingburger thing.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Very disappointed they didn't go with Eggo

Image.jpeg

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Milk and Oreos baby. I have to say, the Leafs have nailed it with sponsors. Their ads aren't intrusive, fit the colour scheme, and are downright hilarious.

As much as I hate ads on jerseys and helmets, if it has to be done, do it this way.
I hate ads on jerseys before we know it they will be covered but this is kinda funny.
they do crumble like cookies.

• Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Cookies and milk is pretty appropriate for this Leafs team, and kind of sums up the attitude and culture they've cultivated there.

I know it might seem like reading too much into it, but I genuinely think all the little things matter, and when you have such a soft image on the ice, then it makes it harder for your team to shake their soft reputation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad