Value of: Mantha to MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Beaulieu has yet to prove he's a good top 4 D, sure he can skate and play the left side, a bunch of guys in the minors can also "skate and play the left side", what else can he do? Not that much...

What are you talking about with Mantha's own issues, AHL bound, really? He's looking like an excellent prospect who really came into his own late in the year and in the AHL playoffs, he was considered very immature physically coming into the pros and his game has improved big time year to year, he's 21 ffs.

I'd consider this deal, there are guys who can do Beaulieu's job every single UFA season for cheap money, 6"5 RH elite goal scorers don't come around too often.

Who is this 6"5 RH elite goal scorer your talking about and please don't say Mantha.:facepalm:

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
Mantha has the potential to score a ******** of goals.

Yes, yes he does.

He's just not rh.

Sorry bud, but thanks for your vote of confidence.

:)
what you're saying doesn't mean ANYTHING LESS, just because he's a lh player, but yeah.
I get ya.
I'd throw him on the rwtoo, just cuz he's big and his shot is amazing.

Last edited:

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Yes, yes he does.

He's just not rh.

Sorry bud, but thanks for your vote of confidence.

:)
what you're saying doesn't mean ANYTHING LESS, just because he's a lh player, but yeah.
I get ya.

Yeah my bad I messed that up, knew he was a RW in Val d'Or forgot he played on his off wing.

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
Yeah my bad I messed that up, knew he was a RW in Val d'Or forgot he played on his off wing.

That's not on you
You made your point, you just made an easy to see mistake that was easily correctable so you'll get guff, but you knew what you were saying and saying it wrong doesn't take away from your point.

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
At this point, Beaulieu is a proven commodity in the NHL while Mantha has potential but I would feel better about him if he was actually dominating the AHL, which he is not, not even close really.

Charles Hudon, a Montreal prospect, is the same age and is performing better than Mantha in the AHL on a worst team. I would keep Beaulieu, use Hudon on my third line and let Mantha bust with Detroit, which is the more likely scenario at this point.

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
At this point, Beaulieu is a proven commodity in the NHL while Mantha has potential but I would feel better about him if he was actually dominating the AHL, which he is not, not even close really.

Charles Hudon, a Montreal prospect, is the same age and is performing better than Mantha in the AHL on a worst team. I would keep Beaulieu, use Hudon on my third line and let Mantha bust with Detroit, which is the more likely scenario at this point.
But detroit would still rather use their cards than switch for something thst wouldn't fit their hand...
Ya know?
Like yeah,if you could grab a full house, it would best your pair, but trading your 2 3s wouldn't help you in thst situation....
Just because people's hands are different doesn't mean they're necessarily better.
So there's no need to try to knock down anyone for it,

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Don't worry, Detroit wouldn't want to move Mantha for Beaulieu anyway.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown

Can people stop acting like they have a clue about Mantha when they clearly dont? Grand Rapids best player the latter half of the season and easily their best player in the playoffs. Of the top 20 playoff scorers, only 6 were above a PPG, Mantha was second youngest, 5 months from being youngest.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
We should hope beaulieu is more proven than Mantha being hes 2 years older. Howrever playing one season does not make you proven. More than Mantha sure but not in general. Regardless, it doesn't make sense for Detroit. They have a few young D already that they like, NB doesn't really help them much and kinda makes even more of a logjam now and in the future.

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
But detroit would still rather use their cards than switch for something thst wouldn't fit their hand...
Ya know?
Like yeah,if you could grab a full house, it would best your pair, but trading your 2 3s wouldn't help you in thst situation....
Just because people's hands are different doesn't mean they're necessarily better.
So there's no need to try to knock down anyone for it,

Exactly, and this is why I'm saying that from a Habs perspective, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to give Beaulieu, a young top 4 D, to get Mantha when they have something better in the pipeline.

I'm not trying to knock down Mantha, but usually, anyone that eventually becomes a top scorer in the NHL usually dominates the AHL In his second year (when he gets there...), which is not the case for Mantha (or Charles Hudon for that matter...).

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Wow!!

Saying Beaulieu isn't worth Mantha is laughable.

Beaulieu is higher first rounder and plays in the NHL.

And Defensmen generally worth more than wingers.

Wouldn't know what your arguments are on that.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Sergachev would interest me otherwise I'd rather hold onto Mantha. He has really developed nicely.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Would like to think if the Wings told teams Mantha wad available there would be several options to look at besides Montreal

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Well-if the Canadiens still had Subban

If the Habs still had Subban your ridiculous proposal would of been shot down in a matter of seconds.

My point was that Mantha will NOT be traded for Beaulieu and only would be moved(as part of a larger package)for a first pair Dman as in Subban. I personally have visions of Mantha becoming a legitimate 30+ goal scorer in the NHL. He will easily surpass the level of production of both Holmstrom and be less streaky than Franzen and hopefully grow into another Shanahan. I am more than willing to wait a yr. or 2 for Mantha to develop into a 6'5" power forward.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Well there would have to be a significantly bigger package

If the Habs still had Subban your ridiculous proposal would of been shot down in a matter of seconds.

Its fun watching you guys squirm over the value of a player you don't even have. That Weber Trade really must have hurt

Literally no one suggested a Mantha for subban Trade. What was suggested, is that Subban, would be the only type of player that the Wings would part with Mantha for. What this obviously means is that the Wings would only trade Mantha as a piece in a large package for a legit top pairing dman.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Would like to think if the Wings told teams Mantha wad available there would be several options to look at besides Montreal

Yeah Montreal really doesn't have what we would be seeking, If it meant sending Mantha and other pieces to say St Louis for a signed Shattenkirk i would definitely pull the trigger on that deal even for a deal around Trouba i would gladly include Mantha. But Montreal doesn't have what we would be seeking for Mantha.

habsolutle

Dec 4, 2014
Yeah Montreal really doesn't have what we would be seeking, If it meant sending Mantha and other pieces to say St Louis for a signed Shattenkirk i would definitely pull the trigger on that deal even for a deal around Trouba i would gladly include Mantha. But Montreal doesn't have what we would be seeking for Mantha.

like i said earlier detroit fans overrate mantha value..hes not the 50 goal scorer he was in the Q ..hes also not dominant in the ahl.. I f you need the list of player'S who busted after getting 50g and 100+ pts in the q let me know its kinda big. not saying that hes a bust ''yet''.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad