Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Watch about 10 Moose games so far this year and from the start of the year till now my expectations of Niku have grown. I thought it would take him longer to adjust to the ice and physical nature of the AHL but he has adjusted more quickly then I expected. He is going to make losing Enstrom much easier in the future. He is a bigger version of Toby, that smart slick puck mover who has a habit of getting pucks on the net as well.

Really excited about his future

Reactions: 204hockey

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Two games against the Marlies should be interesting. I was surprised to see that Toronto isn't the offensive powerhouse I thought they were and that they actually got to 1st with great defensive numbers. Should be fun to see how the leagues top team in goals for (Moose - 106) does against the best team in goals against (Marlies - 49).

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_5126.jpg

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Or you could watch Niku and slowly come to the realization that a left side of. JoMo/Kuli/Niku or Toby on a 1 year won't be so bad.

JoMo/Trouba
Toby/Buff
Kuli/Myers
Niku/Poolman
Melch/Chiarot
Nogier/Kolstalek
Green

That's 13 guys

Our D prospect pool really isn't so barren with Samberg, Kova and Stanley in the mix.

I find you're lack of faith in Vesalainen disturbing. *Darth Vader voice

Well, he is not in the lineup anyways, Marlies either resting him or already released for the WJC.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Ha....Marlies commentator initially calling him Nic Pey-tawn (did he think he was French?.) Then amended it to Pey-tan

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Being outshot 7-0 early, still scoreless though.

Marlins we're pretty good early but that shot total is a bit deceptive. Hutch had a couple rebounds and the Moose couldn't get shots through

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Robinson is an interesting player. Big guy who wasn't drafted, couldn't really skate or score......or anything. Now at 26, he skates like the wind, and is showing serious offensive flair this year. Maybe he'll be an NHL'er afterall. We've seen plenty of these big guys turn out to be late bloomers, might be worth resigning to a more serious deal.
I was watching him at the jets camp pre season he's got some filthy mitts also would be interesting if he grew into a decent pro hat size is always intriguing for sure

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
The team is strong offensively, but...
Niku was 7th in Liiga D scoring last year.
Niku is 5th in AHL D scoring this year.

It isn't all about the team.
I think he's definitely got better hands than morrissey but I wld agree on the defensive side j mo is far ahead

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
PP was kind of sad also. Horrible zone entries.

Lemieux was the best player out there IMO

The Marlies just line 4 guys up at the defensive blueline to deny zone entries. Moose need start dumping the puck in deep and have 3 guys pursue the dumpin hard with speed.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Moose much better this period. More zone time. Kostalek has had a couple really good shifts. This might be the best I've ever seen him play

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Did I speak too soon? kostalek's next shift was pretty rough in his own zone. Lemieux almost made it 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad