Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Scheifle and Wheeler look tired out there because the PHA line can't play more minutes. That is why they always lose when it comes to 3 on 3. The team needs these players to be fresher in the playoffs if it goes into overtime. As you mentioned playing against tougher line ups shows the holes of Hendricks limitations. You need a 4th line that can play more if you want to compete and have an easier team to play against in the 1st round of playoffs or want to even compete in the second round.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Patrice Cormier gets the honour of being the first Moose mini bobblehead of the season which will be given out at the December 30th game. I'm predicting that Roslovic gets that honour for the second one to be given out on March 24th.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Scheifle and Wheeler look tired out there because the PHA line can't play more minutes. That is why they always lose when it comes to 3 on 3. The team needs these players to be fresher in the playoffs if it goes into overtime. As you mentioned playing against tougher line ups shows the holes of Hendricks limitations. You need a 4th line that can play more if you want to compete and have an easier team to play against in the 1st round of playoffs or want to even compete in the second round.
I wouldn't worry about guys being fresh for the playoffs. Having off days to recoup is far more important then a couple more minutes of ice time here and there. 3 on 3 seems to have more to do with tactics than being tired IMO. And Hendricks isn't going anywhere the players gush about the role he plays and Maurice is a big fan. The season is a marathon and the Jets are rolling along. The team is upbeat and confident and winning. Maurice's job is to steer this through the season minimizing bumps along the way. It is only us rabid fans who want to see the constant change of whatever "good" idea the pops into our head.

Reactions: FFHockey

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
When I open the MB Moose season thread, I'd love to see discussion about the Moose, not Maurice's lineups, and we all know Hendricks won't be sent down. I have to wade through enough of that in other threads.

On topic, I've been quite impressed with the Moose penalty kill. Is Pascal Vincent prepping these guys, or is there an assistant that runs special teams? Whoever it is deserves a promotion (or at least do a practice or two with the big club).

To my eyes it seems like a different approach/system, but can anyone with more expertise than me explain why? I thought they were supposed to be running the same thing at the start of the year. Or was that last year?

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
To my eyes it seems like a different approach/system, but can anyone with more expertise than me explain why? I thought they were supposed to be running the same thing at the start of the year. Or was that last year?
From who I talk to, they generally have the same systems, but Pascal Vincent and his assistants have a lot more freedom to tinker with it.

Reactions: FonRiesen

jefferoni

Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Patrice Cormier gets the honour of being the first Moose mini bobblehead of the season which will be given out at the December 30th game. I'm predicting that Roslovic gets that honour for the second one to be given out on March 24th.

I see TNSE sold advertising space on the front of the bobblehead. How sad and ridiculous is that? :thumbd: Or maybe Patrice wants to become known as "Mr. Lube"? :laugh:

Reactions: HannuJ

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
I have a great way to get Perrault aka Jesus more icetime. Trade him to Montreal with Dano for injured Lehkonen.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I see TNSE sold advertising space on the front of the bobblehead. How sad and ridiculous is that? :thumbd: Or maybe Patrice wants to become known as "Mr. Lube"? :laugh:

Maybe Mr. Lube paid for the bobbles? I have a Scotia bank Jets scarf from a game I attended.

jefferoni

Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Maybe Mr. Lube paid for the bobbles? I have a Scotia bank Jets scarf from a game I attended.
Oh, I understand the marketing biz. I'm just not a fan of any kind of intrusive advertising in professional sports...

C1CB5pVXAAAvd3N.jpg

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
I have a great way to get Perrault aka Jesus more icetime. Trade him to Montreal with Dano for injured Lehkonen.
Not a fan of letting Perry go and how is this related to the Moose?

Hopefully Melchiori is just getting called up for PB duty.

And the whole Mr. Lube and bobbleheads is a bit disturbing. Kinda reminds me of this:

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Moose doing moose stuff.

6-3 in the third. Appleton, niku (1g/1a) and pretty much everyone has points.

Make that 7-3.... Jesus. It was 3-3 to start the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad