Confirmed with Link: Mangiapane to Washington for 2025 2nd round pick (via Avalanche)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Pretty good trade, i wasnt expecting a 2nd unless we retained. Hes value is probably a 2nd at the deadline anyway and its highly likely it wont be as high as caps 2nd.

*Wait its avs 2nd, not as good but still good

Reactions: Boomstick

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Nice piece of work. I get the sense Mangiapane had one foot out the door anyways last year - much less compete/fire than usual. Might as well move on for what his price roughly would have been at the deadline anyways. No retention is a plus.

I also really like this 2025 class so more bullets is nice.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
These are the trades I love to see. Drafting gems in later rounds, develop them into NHLers, then trade them for picks higher than where we got them from. These are trades that Boston Pizza delivery guy could never make, he would just throw away our former first round picks for later round picks and other garbage.

Good luck to Mang in Washington, loved seeing him play during his first few full seasons with the squad.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Even a late 2nd is good value for a guy who makes close to $6 mil (an overpaid $6 mil at that) and we take no cap back, even though we don't need the space, that holds a lot of value in the NHL where a majority of teams are cap strapped.

Wonder who is next to be shipped out and who we keep until the TDL and who we inevitably re-sign since we need to keep some people.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Will miss Mangiapane, hopefully he picks it up again in Washington love him when he's playing a tenacious game and getting good shots off.

I suspect he may already have a foot out the door for us to trade him for a 2nd and I don't think there were better offers out there for him.

Reactions: Boomstick and Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Pretty good trade, i wasnt expecting a 2nd unless we retained. Hes value is probably a 2nd at the deadline anyway and its highly likely it wont be as high as caps 2nd.

*Wait its avs 2nd, not as good but still good

Also a '25 second. Usually picks further out are considered worth a little less, but I hear '25 is a good year for stockpiling. Clever move to have that pick which might increase in value.

The guess and discussions on the trade boards for a '24 3rd for Mangiapane surprisingly close.

I hope he does well in Washington. Mangiapane has been good for us. Performed well beyond the expectations of a 6th rounder.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
These are the trades I love to see. Drafting gems in later rounds, develop them into NHLers, then trade them for picks higher than where we got them from. These are trades that Boston Pizza delivery guy could never make, he would just throw away our former first round picks for later round picks and other garbage.

Good luck to Mang in Washington, loved seeing him play during his first few full seasons with the squad.

He did that with pieces we developed internally and got too many rentals, but he did trade up on pieces he acquired outside quite a few times via RFA.

Conroy seems to have learned to continue that with this group which is good. I agree getting higher picks for players we drafted with lower picks is a great. That's why I have been speculating he's going to batch develop dmen prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad