Managerial Thread - 24/25 Season - Engloland

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Doesn't quite feel like this year's the year, especially now that we suddenly have no midfield heading into the NLD and City. I'll be setting my hopes and dreams on next year and take whatever comes this year

City will lose the league eventually…probably…

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Senegal has parted way with ANC winning coach Aliou Cisse after almost decade in charge. Timing of the change is strange, as it's only 9 days before the next set of qualification matches.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Would this go here then?

Sort of sad turn of events for Klopp, will go from an almost universally loved figure in Germany to an almost universally hated.
I don't know about 'universally hated'. Rangnick had the same job, didn't he? Hasn't really turned him into a widely hated villain. Leipzig managers like Rose or Hasenhuttl or Nagelsmann haven't been declared persona non grata either.

I think Klopp's reputation will take a bit of a hit simply because of all the nonsense he's talked about how he'd only work for special clubs that have a special connection with the fans and all that. But by and large most fans know that people actually working in the industry don't really care about all that and just worry about the career aspects of taking jobs.

It does show that all his talk about being against 'sugar daddy' clubs was always more about being annoyed by the fact his competitors could spend more on players than any genuine principle. Klopp can charm the sock off anyone, but based on everything I've heard I wouldn't exactly say he's an intellectual. Clearly no dummy, but when it comes to non-football stuff, I don't think he's motivated to think about it in a very deep way. But that would apply to most people, so it's hardly a major thing to hold against him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The funny thing is one of his first orders of business is probably going to be to fire Pep Lijnders from Salzburg who has been dreadful

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As someone who was adamant that he should be given more of a chance , this start is unacceptable and he needs to go
I would have canned him now and give the new manager the easy stretch before the November break; but they are probably going to give him to the November break to save himself. I think that’s completely backwards but my opinion doesn’t matter. I would have gotten rid of him after the FA Cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad