Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Chelolsea

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Let’s see RDZ at Bologna

McKenna from Ipswich is going to get a big job, which is going to be a bummer because he was (probably) Ipswich best chance of staying up

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
There's only room for one Dutch bald fraud in the league at a time. ETH must go.
Fans of the 18 other teams in the league just got together and we've unanimously agreed that we're fine with making an exception to allow both dutch bald frauds for next season. ETH can stay.

Reactions: JPBolts

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I think Gasperini is going to Napoli, Italiano maybe is going to Bologna. There will be a lot of movement on these benches: Napoli, Bologna, Fiorentina, Torino and Atalanta. I don't know if I like the choice of Fonseca for Milan.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I think Gasperini is going to Napoli, Italiano maybe is going to Bologna. There will be a lot of movement on these benches: Napoli, Bologna, Fiorentina, Torino and Atalanta. I don't know if I like the choice of Fonseca for Milan.

I would be surprised if Gasperini left now. They've qualified to CL and have a pretty good squad.

Whereas Napoli haven't qualified and have probably some key players wanting to leave.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It's just a clown show. I don't buy the he left amicable stuff. Of course they'd say that. He might have been willing to go (right now is a good time to be a free agent manager), but I don't think either side is great with having to start over again with a new manager.
Of course it's a clown show, it's a club run by accountants. When they tailspin in November it will all start up again.
I mean you look at all these candidates for the Chelsea position; and they all play completely differently. They have no idea what they are looking for. They just want a figurehead yes-man. They want the shiny new toy, and they’ll throw them away when they get bored. But they’ll probably fall up eventually because they spend a ton of money. It’s what Chelsea does
This is also true. The Athletic deep-dive was pretty much just deep-throating this Boehly/Eghbali vanity project, but the over-arching idea was they wanted someone that would agree with their method of structure and personnel. And Pochettino knew he was on an island of one as far as knowing what the hell is going on from a football perspective.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Of course it's a clown show, it's a club run by accountants. When they tailspin in November it will all start up again.

This is also true. The Athletic deep-dive was pretty much just deep-throating this Boehly/Eghbali vanity project, but the over-arching idea was they wanted someone that would agree with their method of structure and personnel. And Pochettino knew he was on an island of one as far as knowing what the hell is going on from a football perspective.
Careful I said all this last year too and was tarred and feathered

Kompany is really going to get the Bayern job

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
But but but ETH has all the support of ownership
According to Sir Jim in Forbes magazine a while ago:

This is not about the manager, if you look at Manchester United in the last 11 years, it's not doing terribly, none of the managers have done terribly well. There's been some really good coaches that have come to Manchester United so you know the conclusion from that has to be that the environment for the coach has not been a successful one because none of them have been successful. And, you know, Erik's working in that same environment, so our focus is on how do we change that environment and the structure that provides the environment for the coach.

Apparently Nice's coach is the new Ajax coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad