Confirmed with Link: Malkin re-signs to a 4 year, $6.1 million AAV deal (Eklund called it, start singing his praises)

Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Deal everyone can be happy about, right?

Geno gets his 20 years with the Pens. The trio lives on. Us fans hopefully get to witness some huge upcoming milestones for the 101st best player ever.....

...and it's at a cap hit that won't keep us from being competitive. Awesome. On one hand I can't wait for the story/details....on another I just want it buried in a closet with the JFK files.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
The argument of does the core have 1 more cup in them is for a different day.

87, 71 and 58 retire as Penguins. From a fan of the game, I am very proud of this moment. Pretty cool stuff.
Yeah. It's never been done in the history of the game, not for this long. There will be plenty of time to complain later on but we have some very good players locked in now, need some more pieces in place to give us the best shot over the next couple years.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Hilarious...........all of the experts and I called this 2 days ago.

Can't wait to hear how the team is better with all of these signings..............never get one response.

Reactions: Ryder71

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Can go 10% over the cap during the offseason, right?
yes, but here's the issue:

Hextall has been reluctant to move a player at a loss. IE: he doesn't want to do a trade like 'MP and a pick for nothing." He believes that MP has value. I don't believe he wants to move Zucker because he understands he would likely be a negative value trade, not because of the player, but the contract and injuries.

If they take on salary and break the threshold, he'll have no leverage in trying to move MP

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I think what happened is that Hextall either caved or was about to cave to Malkin's demands when Malkin cut off talks, but Crosby came in and smoothed things over and got Malkin back to the negotiating table. Then some apologies were shared all around and Hextall gave Malkin the contract he wanted.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The argument of does the core have 1 more cup in them is for a different day.

87, 71 and 58 retire as Penguins. From a fan of the game, I am very proud of this moment. Pretty cool stuff.
yes, but not without a lot of help. Still so much re-tooling to be done, but I honestly have no problem with 3 of the 4 contracts (I would still prefer to find a Rust replacement)

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
yes, but here's the issue:

Hextall has been reluctant to move a player at a loss. IE: he doesn't want to do a trade like 'MP and a pick for nothing." He believes that MP has value. I don't believe he wants to move Zucker because he understands he would likely be a negative value trade, not because of the player, but the contract and injuries.

If they take on salary and break the threshold, he'll have no leverage in trying to move MP
Makes sense.

Reactions: Lustaf

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Zucker-Malkin-Rakell

Is the best top six we've had in years. I just hope it can stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad