Prospect Info: Mads Sogaard, Goaltender, 37th Overall

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Reminder, this guy played two games in like 15 hours from what I heard. Belleville finished in extra time the night before and then he was recalled the morning after to play early afternoon.

Sure, he's always been a bit shaky but I give him a pass.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
With no game until Thursday could it be about banking cap space, perhaps?
Yes, I think that's exactly what SoA meant when he said "could be paper for one or both".

And I am saying that I believe it's paper for Gaudette, because of Greig's injury.

Alternatively they could be in love with what Ostapchuk did over the weekend and have decided to make him their 4th line center. Which I doubt.

On Sogaard: I have believed for ~2 years that he doesn't have it. Too bad, seems like a nice guy in interviews and it'd be great to some day develop a goalie....

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Reminder, this guy played two games in like 15 hours from what I heard. Belleville finished in extra time the night before and then he was recalled the morning after to play early afternoon.

Sure, he's always been a bit shaky but I give him a pass.
Yeah, fair point, coming in cold after playing the other night wasn't setting him up for success but he hasn't built up much goodwill.

I'm not optimistic about his future, but that game in a vacuum is a terrible one to base any opinion on.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
It's easy to see Sogaard's style is all wrong when he's trying to see through traffic. Not only is he down on his knees but he scrunches his body down like he's trying to look between players legs often while he's back on the red line. He might as well be 5'3". Most of the net is open so it's hard to even stop those" look what hit me" pucks.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Not quite true Sogaard started for Belleville saturday night, he was recalled monday morning and entered the game in the 2nd period monday afternoon, so it was approx, 38 hours between finishing saturday nights game and entering monday afternoons game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad