Lyndsey Fry will be joining Bob Heethuis as Radio Color Analyst for Fox Sports 910

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
That’s pretty cool. She knows a lot about hockey and has done a lot for/with the team. She’s earned it. Sad Biz is going but he probably prefers it so he can focus more on Chiclets and content, but glad he remains a part of the organization.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
That’s pretty cool. She knows a lot about hockey and has done a lot for/with the team. She’s earned it. Sad Biz is going but he probably prefers it so he can focus more on Chiclets and content, but glad he remains a part of the organization.
The team should start giving him a whole lot of money for being an ambassador, if they aren't already. They really need to keep him in the fold.

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
The team should start giving him a whole lot of money for being an ambassador, if they aren't already. They really need to keep him in the fold.

Biz is a gem and needs to be protected at all costs. He is actually a genius when it comes to social marketing, people shit on his intelligence so much.

Also a huge advocate for hockey in AZ, and provides inside input which I love. Having Doan back, with Biz in the fold makes me feel good. Getting Yandle back would honestly be the wholesome shit I never knew I needed.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Lyndsey is a local from Mesa. She has played some inline at Peoria Sportsplex as well. The few times I played on 40+ teams against her, she could school pretty much anyone on our team.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Biz is a gem and needs to be protected at all costs. He is actually a genius when it comes to social marketing, people shit on his intelligence so much.

Also a huge advocate for hockey in AZ, and provides inside input which I love. Having Doan back, with Biz in the fold makes me feel good. Getting Yandle back would honestly be the wholesome shit I never knew I needed.

Inject it into my veins

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I enjoyed listening to Biz on the radio but know his talent was wasted there.

Hopefully as an ambassador he can continue to churn out more positive Arizona hockey content and elevate the market on the media/social media side of things. If anyone can, it's him, and that's why the Yotes need to keep him around at all cost.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Biz has been an ambassador for the franchise since they cut him to working the radio gig only home games. I'm going to presume given how well that's been going they want him spending his full time on it. And adding Lindsey Frye as color analyst means Heeter doesn't have to work away games on his own.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I’m really hoping the radio broadcast includes some actual play-by-play now.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I like this hire (largely because I like Lyndsey, but also because it's out of the box thinking). Bissonnette is keen on being Mr. Viral Hockey so he was just slumming it in PBP until his brand started to get cranking. Since I'll be listening to all of the games on the radio thanks to Sinclair, I'm looking forward to hearing Heeter and Fryer.

Reactions: PuckLife

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
I like this hire (largely because I like Lyndsey, but also because it's out of the box thinking). Bissonnette is keen on being Mr. Viral Hockey so he was just slumming it in PBP until his brand started to get cranking. Since I'll be listening to all of the games on the radio thanks to Sinclair, I'm looking forward to hearing Heeter and Fryer.

#WrenchTalk

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

heh, hockey team in the desert with radio nicknames like 'heater' and 'fryer', just need to find a host named Cook.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Biz will always be a Coyotes ambassador and continue growing the Coyotes “Bro” fan base. Lindsey’s a great person to continue growing the female fan base and by all accounts is an incredibly knowledgeable hockey person. Good move for everyone as far as I’m concerned

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Will a woman ever play in the NHL? I think it's very possible at goalie. The trend to only pursue 6'2" and above limits the pool. Their skill would need to be off the chart.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Will a woman ever play in the NHL? I think it's very possible at goalie. The trend to only pursue 6'2" and above limits the pool. Their skill would need to be off the chart.
If Mitch Marner and Johnny Hockey can do it, then I'm sure the right woman can. But I'm not sure they would just because they could. Who knows?

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
If Mitch Marner and Johnny Hockey can do it, then I'm sure the right woman can. But I'm not sure they would just because they could. Who knows?

There is 0% chance, the only way a women plays is if the women was a man and transgendered into a women.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Exactly. The only reason it wouldn't happen is cultural, not for physical or skill reasons.
One of the most physically strong women of all time, Hayley Wickenheiser, could barely make the roster of tier 2 team in Finland. Woman are nowhere near ready physically or ability wise to even have the conversation of playing in the NHL. Women's National teams would have their hands full playing a high level Midget boys team.

Reactions: Jakey53

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It won’t happen but it won’t be due to physical prowess. Have you seen Pat Kane?

It will absolutely be due to physical prowess...do you think that any women have Patty Kane's dexterity and quickness, not a chance. You guys do live in the real world don't you. In professional sports, is there any women at the top of their sport that could compete professionally with men? Nope and it's not even close. Serena Williams is by far the best female tennis player of all time and she wouldn't be ranked in the top 700 if she were competing against men.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It will absolutely be due to physical prowess...do you think that any women have Patty Kane's dexterity and quickness, not a chance. You guys do live in the real world don't you. In professional sports, is there any women at the top of their sport that could compete professionally with men? Nope and it's not even close. Serena Williams is by far the best female tennis player of all time and she wouldn't be ranked in the top 700 if she were competing against men.
Dr Bobby Fisher may be a suitable name, if you should ever desire a change. :laugh:
That is to say that tennis is probably the worst example you could have used.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Serena Williams is by far the best female tennis player of all time and she wouldn't be ranked in the top 700 if she were competing against men.
I guess you know more about it than me. I'd have thought she would be better than that. She's big and strong and athletic and I'd guess she could easily beat the shit out of me. But I don't really know anything about it. :dunno:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It’s a big ask. The women are skilled and intelligent, but is definitely the physicality that poses the greatest obstacle. Having said that - there could be an exception at some point.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It’s a big ask. The women are skilled and intelligent, but is definitely the physicality that poses the greatest obstacle. Having said that - there could be an exception at some point.

No there won't be. It's a unicorn, doesn't exist and will never exist. But hey, keep on dreaming. I just don't know why there has to be equal athletic competition? I enjoy watching sports because of the excitement to watch the struggle of two teams or individuals, it's great theatre. Which is why I only watched the 1st quarter of the college football game, because it was clear who was going to win the game.

We should celebrate sports for what it is and quit trying to make it about men/women. Just make it about sports because that's when sports is at it's best, creating dramatic finishes that lifts the human spirit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad