LW Viktor Klingsell - Skellefteå AIK, J18 Nationell (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

A kid that has been on my radar for a while now and I thought he deserved his own thread. He is one of the more promising Swedish ‘07’s. Klingsell is a very smart forward that has shown out well for Sweden internationally so far in his young career. He isn’t the most fleet of foot but he makes up for it with his vision and decision making on the ice. He always seems to be in a good position to either make a play. He possesses a good shot that he uses well below the hashmarks. I think he is a very intriguing player to follow moving forward.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

A kid that has been on my radar for a while now and I thought he deserved his own thread. He is one of the more promising Swedish ‘07’s. Klingsell is a very smart forward that has shown out well for Sweden internationally so far in his young career. He isn’t the most fleet of foot but he makes up for it with his vision and decision making on the ice. He always seems to be in a good position to either make a play. He possesses a good shot that he uses well below the hashmarks. I think he is a very intriguing player to follow moving forward.

No, he’s an excellent skater. One of his main strengths.

Reactions: Nevins

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
No, he’s an excellent skater. One of his main strengths.
I’d say it’s changed a bit, he’s definitely improved his skating and it’s no longer a noticeable weakness. However I wouldn’t claim he’s an excellent skater, although it looks good against the competition in J18.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I’d say it’s changed a bit, he’s definitely improved his skating and it’s no longer a noticeable weakness. However I wouldn’t claim he’s an excellent skater, although it looks good against the competition in J18.

Looks great against the best of his peers in international games.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Are there any significant flaws in his game? Trying to figure out why he does not have more hype.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Are there any significant flaws in his game? Trying to figure out why he does not have more hype.
I'd be interested too on hearing more about his game.

Despite his exploits with the national team, he seems to be having a slow start this year in league play compared to some of the other '07 born guys. To be fair, SAIK's J20 team this season does not appear to be very good offensively...

I do wonder as a sub-6-foot winger if ultimately, he will suffer in comparison to guys who have more jam in their game or a more refined two-way approach...Gastrin, Nilson, Genborg, Drott, Westergard and Eriksen (the Norwegain) are all out-producing him and all seem to offer extra "dimensions" to their game.

I always feel like dangling scoring stars like Klingberg and Ihs Wozniak are in danger of being draft year fallers despite production, as scouts dig into what projects best at the highest level. How does Klingberg project is what I am curious about.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd be interested too on hearing more about his game.

Despite his exploits with the national team, he seems to be having a slow start this year in league play compared to some of the other '07 born guys. To be fair, SAIK's J20 team this season does not appear to be very good offensively...

I do wonder as a sub-6-foot winger if ultimately, he will suffer in comparison to guys who have more jam in their game or a more refined two-way approach...Gastrin, Nilson, Genborg, Drott, Westergard and Eriksen (the Norwegain) are all out-producing him and all seem to offer extra "dimensions" to their game.
4 goals in 7 games is pretty good.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
4 goals in 7 games is pretty good.
Yeah, I suppose I was just looking at points and again, I realize junior teams can be uneven in terms of talent allocation.

I just feel if you are a dangling, playmaking, slightly undersized winger - you're going to really have to stand out in your draft season to be a first-round type threat - and there are tons of great prospects in that league this year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, I suppose I was just looking at points and again, I realize junior teams can be uneven in terms of talent allocation.

I just feel if you are a dangling, playmaking, slightly undersized winger - you're going to really have to stand out in your draft season to be a first-round type threat - and there are tons of great prospects in that league this year.
Yeah, I am not familiar enough with his game to say. Not sure if he is creating chances for others and they are just not finishing, or if he is not that good of a playmaker. Based on his stats in years prior it looks like he would have both scoring and playmaking ability.

But this is where I am hoping to gain more context on the player. On paper, looks very interesting to me.

Also curious to know how his skating is as a smaller winger, if anyone can comment.

Reactions: BKarchitect

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Yeah, I am not familiar enough with his game to say. Not sure if he is creating chances for others and they are just not finishing, or if he is not that good of a playmaker. Based on his stats in years prior it looks like he would have both scoring and playmaking ability.

But this is where I am hoping to gain more context on the player. On paper, looks very interesting to me.

Also curious to know how his skating is as a smaller winger, if anyone can comment.
Skating I would stylistically compare to someone like Huberdeau

Reactions: Frk It

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad