GDT: Preseason Game 6: Oilers @ Kraken - 7:00 PM PDT, KHN, Kong

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Yes. He has added a different dimension to our offense. And he is pretty good defensively too.

Well, McCann not being out there today hurts him. But what type of linemates do you think he needs to thrive with?
Guentzel might have fit the bill, nicely. Matched with a legit power forward on the other wing, a Timo Meier type maybe. Though he is a left winger, the Toronto version (i.e. before all the goals) of Zack Hyman would have been ideal. All those players would have been gettable at one time or another. So basically a sniper and a power forward, somebody who can do the dirty work in the corners and in front of the net and somebody who can bury the puck.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So is Wright a guarantee to make the team? And if so, do they keep him at C? He looked great tonight.
He's a lock to make the team. Do the Kraken keep him at C is a harder question because it depends on factors that Wright has no control over. Ideally yes, but if the offense starts off really badly, does Bylsma experiment with putting him on Beniers wing? He might.

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Missed most of the game good to see Wright score 2 and the Kraken scoring 6 goals on the night...this squad could be very good Offensively

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Finally finished it. That first Wright goal was fantastic. Goal of the week candidate.

Montour offensively is quite the addition.

There’s definitely a different dynamic with certain lines gelling. I’d like to see the full forward squad out there to see what the plan is and who is going where.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad