LW/RW Nikita Chibrikov (2021, 50th, WPG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I think, Chibrikov is one of the safest picks of the draft. He has top6 winger upside, but even if he fails to become good enough for top6 role, he can still become a solid bottom6er. He has all the qualities for this, unlike some prospects, who if not on top two lines, will be absolutely useless.
I might be wrong, but I do see quite a bit of Martin Rucinsky in him. Scorer who can play a solid two-way game if his linemates are more skilled at putting the puck in.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I might be wrong, but I do see quite a bit of Martin Rucinsky in him. Scorer who can play a solid two-way game if his linemates are more skilled at putting the puck in.

Yeah, but don't forget, he played for senior Team Russia at Hockey Euro Tour and scored 3 points in 3 games. He looked very good with Michkov at WJC U18 and scored a lot as well.

Reactions: mattihp

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
How is that contradictory to what I said?

I mean, when his linemates are more skilled he looks more skilled as well. Of course it's hard to say how it'll transfer to the NHL but right now he looks more like a skilled player who can play gritty game, than a checker who can complement skilled players.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I mean, when his linemates are more skilled, he looks more skilled as well. Of course, it's hard to say, how it'll transfer to the NHL, but right now he looks more like a skilled player, who can play gritty game, than a checker, who can complement skilled players.
As did Rucinsky. I might have been unclear.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Chibrikov didn't look good at the U18, I have no idea what is being said here. He was a passenger who was carried by others, without Michkov he would miss half of his points. I expected a lot more from him. Kostin 2.0, nobody will know him in 4 years.

Reactions: kp61c

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Chibrikov didn't look good at the U18, I have no idea what is being said here. He was a passenger who was carried by others, without Michkov he would miss half of his points. I expected a lot more from him. Kostin 2.0, nobody will know him in 4 years.
LOL Team's best player was carried by others? Yeah, Michkov was the best goalscorer, but Chibrikov was the leader who carried the team throughout the tournament, be it scoring, leadership, compete or anything. As he should have as the team's top non-underager. He absolutely met my pre-tournament expectations based on his amazing performances against men prior. Nobody will argue that going forward Michkov is a bigger talent, but he is a bigger talent than any talent in a decade if not more and being 16 he also performed on an expected level alongside older teammates being maybe the most talented guy on the team, but naturally not the most mature and versatile yet. Chibrikov was the guy who lead that team.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Yeah, we probably watched different U18.

We certainly have. Chibrikov should be the go to guy. Where is Scoutman1 telling us what an advantage international experience is? There was nothing of it to be seen with Chibrikov. Yurov, Svechkov, Michkov or even Poltapov were much more noticeable. But we'll see who is right.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
LOL Team's best player was carried by others? Yeah, Michkov was the best goalscorer, but Chibrikov was the leader who carried the team throughout the tournament, be it scoring, leadership, compete or anything. As he should have as the team's top non-underager. He absolutely met my pre-tournament expectations based on his amazing performances against men prior. Nobody will argue that going forward Michkov is a bigger talent, but he is a bigger talent than any talent in a decade if not more and being 16 he also performed on an expected level alongside older teammates being maybe the most talented guy on the team, but naturally not the most mature and versatile yet. Chibrikov was the guy who lead that team.

Its not about Michkov. And it’s quite funny how 3 meaningless Games at the EHT should be more important than his more or less average season. Otherwise you can think what you want of him, as I said, we will see how he develops and who will be right.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Its not about Michkov. And it’s quite funny how 3 meaningless Games at the EHT should be more important than his more or less average season. Otherwise you can think what you want of him, as I said, we will see how he develops and who will be right.
3 "meaningless" games for a 17y.o. against men's NTs. But who said I judge him by those games? First of all I don't look at his numbers, but at his play, which is amazing. Not only at U18 level, but in all 3 leagues he played in. If you call that average, than gimme more such average prospects. His ability to be effective against older players is very obvious and amazing. He not only has skill, but a lot of compete in him. He goes to the toughest areas and scores no matter on which level. He is a pretty good playmaker too due to his vision. I also particularily liked his improvement towards the end of the season which he started as a 16y.o.. A very gòod sign for such a young guy. He will get even more effective while growing his body.

As for numbers he has a better PPG than Svechkov in the VHL, while the latter never got to play on higher levels.

Chibrikov is not a sure shot future Malkin, but I see a lot of good things about him and a lot of potential. His ceiling is pretty high. I don't see why he couldn't reach Kaprizov's level for example. His numbers again are pretty similar.

He is easily the BPA of this russian draft class.

Last edited:
Reactions: kellhunter

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
3 "meaningless" games for a 17y.o. against men's NTs. But who said I judge him by those games? First of all I don't look at his numbers, but at his play, which is amazing. Not only at U18 level, but in all 3 leagues he played in. If you call that average, than gimme more such average prospects. His ability to be effective against older players is very obvious and amazing. He not only has skill, but a lot of compete in him. He goes to the toughest areas and scores no matter on which level. He is a pretty good playmaker too die to his vision. I also particularily liked his improvement towards the end of the season which he started as a 16y.o.. A very gòod sign for such a young guy. He will get even more effective while growing his body.

As for numbers he has a better PPG than Svechkov in the VHL, while the latter never got to play on higher levels.

Chibrikov is not a sure shot future Malkin, but I see a lot of good things about him and a lot of potential. His ceiling is pretty high. I don't see why he couldn't reach Kaprizov's level for example. His numbers again are pretty similar.

He is easily the BPA of this russian draft class.

Yeah, Kaprizov was twice a player at 18, than Chbrikov is, but Nikita is going to be good. Just not even close to Kaprizov's level.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah, Kaprizov was twice a player at 18, than Chbrikov is, but Nikita is going to be good. Just not even close to Kaprizov's level.
Technically if we compare age adjusted Kaprizov had his breakout season in what would be next season for Chibrikov. So no, I don't see that much of a difference. I watched them both at age 17 now and yes, Kaprizov was showing glimpses of what makes him great today, but Chibrikov shows some of that too. The most important part for Chibrikov though is that it is all potential for now. There is no guarantee just as for any prospect that he will reach his ceiling. Chibrikov is actually a better skater, but obviously does not have Kaprizov's frame to build around. Chibrikov is still able hold his own in tough areas. That is what I liked about him right away. He is no pushover against men and he hates to be.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
but seriously, these scouts must really not like him being in the minors in Russia. Has to be a reason why he wasn't taken by NJ or even Montreal

NHL scouting isn't great. Especially when it comes to Russians. HFers always argue with Russian posters, when the formers say this, but it's just a fact. Teams with good Russia's scouting either picked too high (Columbus) or didn't pick at all (Toronto).

Reactions: ShiroganeKvasha30

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
NHL scouting isn't great. Especially when it comes to Russians. HFers always argue with Russian posters, when the formers say this, but it's just a fact. Teams with good Russia's scouting either picked too high (Columbus) or didn't pick at all (Toronto).
Gonna say that some teams do take a bet on Russians, but the Russian factor always exists for these teams. I really wanna see Lou take a stab on a Russian, but our staff seems to prefer Finns and Swedes now. Then again, the best bet for him is on the Devils or Ducks

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not saying he will or won't be a good pick, but I will say that this is unsurprising. Chibrikov is a small perimeter player, not to mention Russian. This is the type of guy to go lower on draft day than he is usually listed, while bigger guys like Boucher and Mailloux jump ahead.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
In 10 years most NHL fans will explain with sad faces, why didn't their idiot GMs pick the kid. Mark my words...

:laugh:

In 10 years you will hope that no one will remind you of what you said about him. It seems that some scouts have seen other U18 world championships too.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
:laugh:

In 10 years you will hope that no one will remind you of what you said about him. It seems that some scouts have seen other U18 world championships too.

Nah, I always remember what I say, so I will admit without any problems I wasn't right. The chance for this is very slim, though. I mean, Chibrikov will be better, than 2/3 of kids picked before him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad