LW Nils Höglander - Rögle, SHL (2019, 40th, VAN)

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Plus he just turned 20. Kaprizov is 24 this month and Robertson will be 22 this summer.
If I had a pick I’d go with Robertson or Kaprizov who have both had amazing seasons and been important in their clubs’ success.
It’s interesting that none of these guys were first rounders. Kaprizov was a fifth round pick amd Robertson and Hoglander were second round picks. Kind of a surprising Calder race without any top 10 picks in the front runners.

you're right. I didnt clue in. ... you can add Shesterkin to the conversation, before his last stinker, he was very much top 3 in consideration, and hes a 4th rounder. Ty Smith and his team is in a tailspin, the two in Ott has been good but not exceptional. I think Hoglander has potential to go on an extended run and catch Shesterkin for a top 3 nom. his strength is his consistency, so he needs to keep at his 8 pts in 9 games pace....

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
The Canucks drafting record has been pretty spectacular.....Boesser, Petey, Huggy, Hogs, and next Podz. We could have five Calder candidates in five years. I think we probably have the best Swedish scouting in the league with Gradin.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The Canucks drafting record has been pretty spectacular.....Boesser, Petey, Huggy, Hogs, and next Podz. We could have five Calder candidates in five years. I think we probably have the best Swedish scouting in the league with Gradin.
Håkan Andersson laughs at this.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Both
Järnkrok, Janmark, Lindström, Berggren, Johansson, Söderblom, Raymond, Wallinder, Niederbach..
Pettersson was a great pick but Andersson hasn't had the benefit of 1st round picks until Raymond.
Both the wings and nucks have had great Swedish scouting for a very long time.
The Twins, Edler, Ohlund, Petey, Hoglander, plus the one who made the WJC out of the blue in December. There were a few more like Rodin who just couldn't stay healthy but was very talented.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Petey was Gradin and Delorme, Höglander has a lot of input from Jonsson. But yeah as an organisation wings and nucks had been th standard bearers for swedish scouting for years. Hakan had a lot of misses too the last decade. But he was a superstar in the Datsyuk/Zeterberg era. Raymond is a gimme a though, Berggren is a good pick. Niederbach is good too.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
13 points in his last 18 games. All even strength.

With Podz and Rathbone our 2nd line pp should be a lot better. Hogs, Nate or Myers, Rathbone, Podz, needs a centre so id move Horvat aside from the faceoffs his spot could be replaced by Pearson.
I wonder how many points he would have if he was on pp1 and Petey wasn't injured, I think he ends up playing with Brock and him and JT with Podz and Horvat

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
With Podz and Rathbone our 2nd line pp should be a lot better. Hogs, Nate or Myers, Rathbone, Podz, needs a centre so id move Horvat aside from the faceoffs his spot could be replaced by Pearson.
I wonder how many points he would have if he was on pp1 and Petey wasn't injured, I think he ends up playing with Brock and him and JT with Podz and Horvat

Would like to see these powerplay units next year:

Hoglander - Miller- Pettersson
Boeser - Hughes

Pearson - Horvat - Podkolzin
Lind - Rathbone

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Hoglander is going to be real close to .5ppg this year, and has been on a tear as of late. Probably too late to work his way into the conversation for a Calder nomination, but still an excellent rookie season. Once of the youngest players in the NHL this year.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
2 more goals today and could have add about 2 more. His most dominate game of the year. 15 points in his last 20 games now all even strength.
Would've been nice for Travis Green to put him on the ice with an empty net to shoot at for the hat trick. Hoglander actually looked pretty sad as the clock ticked down. Great game from him tonight though. He was, by far, the best skater on the ice.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Would like to see these powerplay units next year:

Hoglander - Miller- Pettersson
Boeser - Hughes

Pearson - Horvat - Podkolzin
Lind - Rathbone
After tonight I really liked the PP1 with Rathbone but ya those units look pretty good.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The kid has a non stop motor. I thought he’d hit a wall but he just keeps getting better. He’s small but solidly built.
Reminds me of a young Gallagher that we got to watch in Vancouver with the Giants.

karnec

Jul 26, 2018
I honestly think Hoglander has 80+ point potential. This may seem over the top but to put things in perspective: Hoglander turned 20 in December and has put up 26 points in 50 games as a rookie with no north american experience. The most important factor is that he has ONE power play point this year. If Hoglander continues developing and is put on the first unit power play down the road, he should be able to come close to a point per game. Very exciting player

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Next season will be the final step for Canucks top 6 with Podkolzin entering the line-up. Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Hoglander, Podkolzin rounds out a nice home-grown top 6 that haven't hit their prime.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Next season will be the final step for Canucks top 6 with Podkolzin entering the line-up. Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Hoglander, Podkolzin rounds out a nice home-grown top 6 that haven't hit their prime.

For better or worse, we could be in a spot to grab another high end forward with a top 5-10 pick this year as well.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
I think some of us need to temper our excitement but he's exceeded my expectations this year. 15 points in his last 20 games and it feels like he's just gotten more comfortable and confident after every game he has played. He's had some bad games but that feels like ages ago at this point.

The best attribute you want to see in your young players is constant growth. We have seen that this year. Doesn't hurt that he's already pushing JT Miller and Horvat for best defensive forward on the team. Lovely stuff. Throw in a little Podz next year and I am loving what I am seeing from this group going forwards.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
So what's the deal with Höglander? Good first season in NHL but after that his point totals have gone downhill. Now playing in AHL.

hog.PNG

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad