Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Based on the more solid rumours out there at the moment.

RFAs:
Hronek - 7.5m
Silovs - 1.0m

UFAs:
Guentzel - 9.5m
Dillon - 2.8m
Myers - 2.75m
Blueger - 2.2m

Suter-Pettersson-Boeser
Hoglander-Miller-Guentzel
???-Blueger-Garland
PDG-Aman-Podkolzin
Mikheyev

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Dillon-???
Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

Cap Space: 1.78m
Roster: 20/23

Moving Mikheyev would increase the capspace to around 6.5m for 4 spots. 2 of those spots would be regulars and the other two healthy scratches. I wouldn't be surprised if Linus Karlsson is signed to a one-way near-minimum contract and is the 13th forward or they bring in someone like Jost on the same contract.
I think this is pretty good.

But personally, I don't think we can go into the season with an aging Myers in the top four.

I think I would prefer signing Tanev at $5 million, and passing on one or both of Myers and Dillon, and then filling out the bottom pairing with what's left of the cap. Its interesting though because that will definitely hurt our depth, but again, I don't want an aging Myers in the top four, and we can more easily acquire bottom pairing defensemen during the season.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
liljegren averaged nearly 20 minutes last year and has arbitration rights. i assume that means he wants 4/5 money but he's kind of in the hutton position of being able to play top 4 minutes without being a reliable top 4 dman and without producing offence to offset his unreliability.

i wanted us to grab a mid round pick to get liljegren at his draft. clearly that was a bad idea so i will stay silent this time.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Big difference is Goodrow has another year on his contract. Higher cap hit for Mikheyev but Goodrow is longer and is owed more actual cash.
that extra year has some CBA-expiration protection to it too with the signing bonus too, hmm.

Reactions: Vector

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I mentioned this before but I think Liljegren would be a good add as a partner for Dillon or General Zad.
Same I like the player, I think with our coaching staff that was able to get the most out of defence would be able to get the most out of him. Sheldon Keefe did a terrible job running his defence he played Brodie into the ground where he had nothing left at the end and basically had no clue how to develop defeceman.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Something up with Liljegren? Did he fall off? If Treliving gonna Treliving, would love to snag the guy and put him with this coaching staff.

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Liljegren
Xxxx - Myers

If Zad re-signs, that's kinda nice

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Liljegren was bad in toronto, but its toronto.

With his age and swedishness, and with our coaching staff, he'd probably be a really good buy low candidate with possible steal potential.

Edit: Definitely would be interested in Skinner if he gets bought out, he can flat out skate and score. Motivated, out of buffalo, on a playoff team in our top six, he could be high impact with surplus contract value.

Last edited:

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I don't think I'd go for Skinner. He has never played a playoff game before.
To be fair, he's been in Buffalo awhile.

Count me as someone who supports a Lil Gren acquisition.

Appears to be one of those "change of scenario will do him well" type player.

Especially if Tree Hugger wants to focus on size this offseason.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
A Liljegren trade seems pretty similar to Dermott, but without the flat cap. In other words, you are relying on your professional scouting being better than the Leafs internal scouting / coaching because the Leafs certainly do need cost controlled defended, so if they are getting rid of Liljegren, then there are definitely a lot of warning signs.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Lot’s of top 6 forwards available in free agency…

Tier 1A: Reinhart, Guentzel
Tier 1B: Lindholm, Marchessault, Stamkos, Kane, Pavelski, Teravainen

Tier 2: Toffoli, Duchene, Bertuzzi, Stephensen, DeBrusk, Druin, Domi, Monohan, Duclair, Perron, Zucker

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I see no similarities between the Benning Management "group" and the present conglomerate management.

I think this group is willing to hunt for deals deep into the offseason of necessary and that's very often where good deals are signed. They're also not afraid to pony up for the players they want, but I've seen no evidence of myopic fixation on one player to the detriment of other moves.

They do make mistakes, but as others have posted, they'll often move quickly to correct them.

I don't think this off season is an easy one to work with.
26 million in cap space plus any extra they might get if Mikheyev, Garland or Boeser moves out. Boeser because 1. his next contract might be too big, 2. he is THE SLOWEST player on the team. When Horvat was traded the question was who would replace those 30+ goals, the same this year if Boeser goes then someone will replace those goals either by committee or a YOUNGER version of Guentzel.

I thought the pressure put on Pettersson had to do with they had to know what he was going to do BEFORE the TDL so they knew what they could do. Sort of points towards "one thing at a time"

This off season is way easier than last year IMO. This year they need to really sign 3 players that would be key positions. Defence and one forward.
Some improvement will come with experience and better play.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
liljegren averaged nearly 20 minutes last year and has arbitration rights. i assume that means he wants 4/5 money but he's kind of in the hutton position of being able to play top 4 minutes without being a reliable top 4 dman and without producing offence to offset his unreliability.

i wanted us to grab a mid round pick to get liljegren at his draft. clearly that was a bad idea so i will stay silent this time.

Liljegren is risky to trade for, I'm only interested if Toronto doesn't qualify him. I think there's a pretty good chance of that.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Lot’s of top 6 forwards available in free agency…

Tier 1A: Reinhart, Guentzel
Tier 1B: Lindholm, Marchessault, Stamkos, Kane, Pavelski, Teravainen

Tier 2: Toffoli, Duchene, Bertuzzi, Stephensen, DeBrusk, Druin, Domi, Monohan, Duclair, Perron, Zucker
Could always trade for one.
Boeser for Laine and Marchenko
Hronek for Crouse, Kesserling and picks
Garland, Mikheyev for Necas

Podkolzin may be able to replace Joshua
See if Goodrow or Roslovic can come here, both FA's for 3rd center/winger/PK

Sign Dillion to fill in on defence, he isn't near as good as Myers, Soucy or Zadorov but better than Cole and cheaper.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I find these three pretty unlistenable.

Time Stamp: 0:03:40

-are talking to Blueger's agent
-tried hard to get Guentzel at the deadline and he had them high on his list
-says the negotiating rights to Guentzel would cost a 3rd & 5th
-reports that the Canucks are close with Myers are inaccurate; lots of work to be done
-Joshua is pricing himself out of the market

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
You're willing to pay Skinner 7m for each of the next 3 seasons?
Definitely.
Two million more than mik for a dude 10x better and faster and only a year longer isn't much.
Outside of buffalo i think he rebounds easily, 500k more for another boeser who's faster and shoots better. Yeah I'll take that.

Edit. Rather 3m retained but I doubt buffalo goes for that, but if they take Poolman too then its a no brainer.

Last edited:

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
I went all out for the last cap friendly arm chair GM of my arm chair GM career on cap friendly.

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Guentzal
Leason-Blueger-Garland
Karlsson-Aman-Podkolzin
Abruzzese

Hughes-Chariot
Soucy-G. Lindstrom
Del Mastro-Liljegren
Brisebois Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

Trades went down as such

Chariot, Det 2nd 24', Bos 4th '25 for Aidan McDonough's rights

Abruzzese, Liljegren, Van 5th 24' for Dakota Joshua, Cole McWard

Del Mastro, NYI 1st 24', Chi 3rd 24' for Filip Hronek

Leason, Lindstrom for Chi 3rd 24', Bos 4th 25'

Cap of 82.7M

Van would pick in every round in the draft this year.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Blueger is the kind of player that has averaged 5 goals a year over the past 2 years with 3 different teams.

If you see him playing as a 3C on a Cup winning team you are probably an optimist.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
getting a little sick of the wheel spinning vibe from these leaks.

not being close with myers seems like a backtrack has happened somewhere. whether it is the reporter, agent or team is hard to tell, but given we are talking about dhaliwal this is probably the agent's story changing.

canucks and canes are the two teams with more high profile ufas than they can sign. they have a lot to do and need clarity to move forward so they are motivated to sort it out. this gives agents leverage to use time against them.

the agents in addition to their specific clients in play are motivated to try and set a higher market for july 1st with early signings.

the canes are the canes and the canucks had fresh playoff success and a fanbase that is overinvested in the playoff success.

so the canucks are probably perceived as the weaker link to be pressured into signings.

not the greatest situation in which allvin is trying to keep the band together while also trying to improve the musicianship of the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad